Chapters 10: Nothing more

Athanasia sat inside her carriage happily reading a book, while on her way to the Ruby Palace. In the eyes of other people, she's just a cute and innocent little princess who's trying to find a person to fill the gap of her deceased mother.

That would be half-true, but she also has something up her sleeve.

While listening to one of Anastasius' meetings, she was able to catch some valuable hints and information about the consort.

For example, they all came from high-class noble families that have a good link to the Imperial Family, they're all skilled in many different types of art, and they're all good-looking.

This was all normal information, not that valuable to her. Except for a certain hint.

None of the consort was picked by Anastasius himself. From what she heard from the recent gossip after the banquet was cut short by Anastasius (Because of a certain incident) he left the job of picking the candidates to the Royal Council.

All the candidates that were picked were of good family background, highly praised talent and beauty. Anastasius may pick one of them, but she made sure ahead that she was able to have the final say.

Today was the day of the tea party, but it's also an elimination day. She was able to learn that the emperor could easily excuse one of the consorts out of the Ruby Palace if he wasn't pleased with them.

So today she has prepared many useful items for her secret plan. Well, not a secret anymore since Anastasius has already figured it out, but still useful.

As she sat there with a bright smile, she set aside her book and took out a bright pink pouch that's tied up with a white ribbon. She smirks mischievously to herself before opening the content of the bag.

Inside were many herbs and strange colored liquid that she has obtained herself. She was going to use the herb to cause some minor allergies, like rash, runny nose, or red eyes.

The potion was for if the herbs didn't work, but that's for the future. Right now she also needs to think of a way to not get caught while in the act. She wouldn't want to get in trouble now, would she? If word got out that Obelia's cute and innocent Crown Princess was a little troublemaker, then that would affect her reputation greatly. She doesn't want that.

As she tied up the pouch, the carriage suddenly paused to a stop. On cue, she quickly hides the bag behind her before the carriage door is open.

The person that greeted her was Felix, her one-eye knight, and shining armor. "Princess, we have arrived." He said, with a small smile on his face.

She smiles back while thinking to herself, 'Huh, I didn't even notice? What a shame.'

Felix holds the door and offers his hand for her to hold. She looks at it with one glance before rejecting it.

She hops down from the carriage and lands on her feet, before looking at Felix's stunned expression with a big smile on her face. "Don't worry, Mr. Knight. Athy's a big girl now, no help needed." She said, before walking ahead.

He stood there unmoving, still in surprise by what he just witnessed. When he finally pops back to reality, he notices that she was already feet ahead. "Princess, wait for me, please! Don't go too far." He pleaded while jogging to catch up to her.

"Princess, if you were to get lost, His Highness would surely take my other eyeball as a souvenir." He said with a gloomy expression while walking beside her.

As he said that, she couldn't help but think of if he became blind. A sightless Felix trying to protect the country like a lost puppy. 'How interesting.' She thought, but he still needs to serve his purpose, or else he would be of no use for her now and in the future.