Chapter 1: The First Encounter

Five years have already passed since her reincarnation to this world, and everything was still smoothly going according to the plot. If she could still do the math then that would mean she still has about 13 years until the original Athanasia execution.

   But before those 13 years are up, she has already plotted a plan to get her and Lily out of this hell hole. Her only problem was how can she get Lily to trust a five-year-old? She has already tried hinting to her over the past five years, but it seems Lily was just too oblivious to get it.

   If plan A' won't work, then there is still plan B' to turn to. She'll just have to collect enough money and supplies until she is ready to leave the Ruby Palace with Lily. It might take longer than plan A, but as long as it doesn't lead to Lily getting executed like in the original book she'll be okay to go with plan B.

   Athanasia was sitting on the carpeted floor of one of the many breathtaking rooms in the Ruby Palace, with a red color pencil in her right hand forcefully scribbling over a sheet of paper. There was a determined look over her face as she sketched out her escape plan. She was in the middle of drawing with her small hand when there was a lite knock on the oak door. Then the door slowly creaked open to review Lily standing outside with her commonly gentle smile always pasted on her face.

   Lily walked in her direction, before kneeling next to her. She looks at her messy art piece with a neutral smile before letting a faint chuckle pass her lip. "Oh my your highness, may I ask what you might be drawing?"

   "It's a picture of the Ruby Palace, can't Lily tell?" Athanasia replied with an eye-catching smile as she held up the paper to Lily. She was sure Lily was going to buy it since on the sheet there were only a bunch of red doodle squares drawn together and a few lines here and there.

   "It's beautiful, your highness!" Lily said with a joyous smile as she looked at the sheet as if it was the most beautiful thing she had ever lay eyes on. "Oh, I have almost forgotten. Would her highness like to go out and play in the garden today?" She said in a polite tone. "You've been inside for almost a week now."

   Athanasia let out a hum as she thought through the proposal. Lily was technically right; she was spending too much time inside, but that was only to work on her escape plan, or else she would be outside enjoying herself in the cool spring breeze by now. No one knew how much she was sacrificing to save her life right now, she was suffocating in this humid room for days.

"Okay, Lily~!" She hurriedly replied, before scrambling off the floor, and out through the door. She didn't wait for Lily to catch up before she was already outside the palace.

   The first thing that hit her was the cooling breeze blowing past her, and the sunlight beaming down, both making her squint her eyes. She glanced behind when she noticed Lily leaning on a door frame while trying to catch her breath. "Athy, please wait for me the next time you go like this," Lily said in an exhausted voice.

   "Sorry, Lily." She replied in an apologetic tone as she looked up with pleading puppy eyes. Lily averted her gaze before letting out a huff. "Go play your highness, I'll call you back in for naptime."

   "Yay! Lily's the best." She cheered, before running off into the untamed garden. She peeks through the leaves as she eyes Lily. She decided to drop her guard once she was sure the only thing Lily was doing was peacefully knitting clothes, probably new dresses for her to wear.

   She ran off deeper into the garden before stopping at a familiar black fence. On the other side of that gate is where she hid all of her treasures. Even better. The palace seems to store a lot of valuable things to sell for good amounts of currency.