Chapter 15: New Friend or Enemies

When Athanasia first walked into a small city called Vexillia without her hood on, she was extremely paranoid about the ring. She wasn't sure if others could see the illusion or if it's just her. So going outside without something to hide her eyes was a big risk.

When she passed through the entrance of the city, there were already eyes glued to her. The attention she was given made her uncomfortable and bashful. She wasn't sure of the intention behind those stares, but she wasn't going to wait around to find out. She was only here to stop for a supply run, not to look around.

Currently, her supply is low on invisible potion and other necessities. Dreadfully she uses up all of her potions while trying to outrun a group of knights who manages to spot her. They were lucky she wasn't in the mood to kill, or else their life would've been at stake.

As she speeds walks through the market, a stall manages to catch her interest. It was quite large compared to the other booth around it and seemed incredibly bustling.

Even if she hates to go to crowded areas, it wouldn't hurt to take a quick peek and leave.

When she entered the tent, she was warmly greeted by a well-dressed boy, probably in his early teens. He possesses sharp facial features, with raven locks, and deep ocean blue eyes. He even let out an aura of grace and elegance around her.

"Hello miss, and welcome to Shop 69. My name is Dainsleif Sovion and I will be your escort for today."

He said, placing a hand above where his heart should be and bowing to her as a show of respect.

"Thank you, sir, but may I ask why the shop was named "Shop 69"?"

"Oh, of course." He said before directing her to the inside of the shop. "But how about I tell you on the way?"

She was suspicious but knew it would be rude to decline, "Sure, lead the way."

During her tour of the shop, Dainsleif generously provided her with information about the shop's history and its origin. "As you can tell this shop is located in a small city that has a minimum population, yet the design of it fits to be in the capital, do you know why?" He asks before stopping next to a portrait of a man. The man in the portrait oddly reassembles Dainsleif, with deep ocean blue eyes and black raven locks.

"I'll guess that it has something to do with the man in the portrait?" She said, with a casual expression.

"Yes, this man's name is Rockefeller Sovion!" He said proudly, "And before you question any further, yes, we are related."

Athanasia wouldn't lie, she was stunned. Mainly because her prediction was proved correct.

"You just answer all my questions."

"Well, that's good to hear. Answering your curiosity is part of my job after all." He said with a pleased expression on his face. "I should also start with the story."

He cleared his throat before starting, "Rockefeller Sovion was a Baron in the society of aristocrats. He wasn't well off and wasn't very well known in society, but he was persistent to make a name for himself."

Dainsleif took off his glasses and produced a small handkerchief, before proceeding to wipe the lens. When he was finished with the task, he put on the glasses before continuing.

"His many attempts at the business industry were a clear failure, but he didn't give up. He first started with the fashion industry, but when it came back a failure, he turned to trade."

"And what happens?" She asks curiously.

"Out of a stroke of luck, he manages to acquire a profitable trade. Which landed him both fame and wealth."