Chapter 11: Fight like a Knight

Okay, this is boring.

Well not that she would say it out loud, but from the look of things, it seems like she's not even supposed to be here.

Just look at what's happening. All of these women are literally flirting and clinging to her father's arms, right before her innocent eyes. And she's just sitting here smiling while attempting to not vomit her milk out right now.

But it could've been worse.

Yeah inner me, you're right.

Just then one of the women feeds Anastasius a strawberry with a seductive look on her face. Clearly trying to seduce him.

Athanasia was cringing so hard inside. She almost wanted to go blind at that moment.

No Athy, you need to calm down. Plan A is still in motion.

As she waited patiently in her seat one of the women present at the table poured herself a cup of tea. The liquid was a fine shade of deep maroon, certainly showing its quality to whoever set their eyes on it.

Yes, it's beautiful, but unknown to anyone she might've purposely laced the tea with poison.

Not the deadly one, just a harmless one. The most it could do is make you cough out blood then proceed to slowly burn your organ from the inside. That might seem deadly, but it's the most harmless poison she could find in this universe. And no worries, there's a cure for it.

There are two cures actually. The first one is that you kill yourself to stop the pain, or second, you find a super hard to find plants that could cure the sickness. Most people go for the first option if they don't have the money to buy the plant, but if you're rich then you could be like them or pay someone to get the plant for you.

All of these people here are practically loaded, so there are no worries.

Now back to the present, the woman pouring the tea was now holding the china cup gracefully in her hand, proceeding to take a sip of the tea.

Yes, that's right! Drink the tea and feel the pain! You are only here for my amusement.

She was now excitedly bouncing in her seat with a big hidden grin on her face. Anticipation practically radiating off of her.

Just then tho, the woman paused what she was doing and distanced herself from the cup. Her lip never even touches the rim.

What?! That was never supposed to happen!

Unexpectedly the woman was now offering Anastasius the cup of tea. Just like how a romantic person will do when trying to seduce someone.

How unexpected.

Well, it's only a cup of tea-

Oh my gosh, I forgot I added poison in there!

As Anastasius was about to drink the tea, he was stopped by the voice of Athanasia.

"Papa, can Athy drink that, please?" She asks, with sparkles in her eyes. Making grabby hands signaling her intention. It was a surprise for Anastasius, he never expected her to ask such a question.

Raising an eyebrow, he held the cup of tea ungracefully in one hand while giving her a charming smirk.

"Oh, what a surprise. I never knew you like tea. The last time I heard, you're still at the age of drinking milk." He said to her, with a sly smirk on his lip.

"Well, I just wanted to try the tea father. It couldn't hurt." She said, her expression still the same. Smiling on the outside and collective on the inside.

"Yes, it wouldn't hurt." He said in an unamused tone, before setting the cup on the table. Turning to the few ladies sitting beside him, he winked at all of them making them giggle in delight before speaking again.

"I think it's time we wrap this little tea party up and move inside. It's about time we begin the tour and I do have lots of things to show." He said casually before standing up. The women around him are doing the same thing.

"Are you coming...Athanasia?" He asks, with his head tilted to the side and an expecting look in his eyes.

She looks up at him with a troubled expression before replying quietly. "No, father. I think I want to go play with Felix now."

He gave a hum as a reply before walking away, not bothering to say another word.

When he was far enough Athanasia finally let her tears fall pitifully over her full face. She didn't bother to rub the waterwork away and just let it fall. Not caring to even react when someone crept up behind her.

"Princess? Are you alright?"

It was Felix's voice.

She quickly turns around and stares at Felix with watery eyes. Unable to hide the tears.

"My Princess, are you hurt? Do you need me to call in the healer?" Felix asks worriedly, not knowing what to do in such a situation.

I feel bad for worrying Felix.

He shouldn't have to deal with something like this.

As she sat there in her thoughts suddenly she was being carried in someone's arms. " Don't worry Princess, I'll bring you to the healer and help you find out what's wrong," Felix said determinedly, before speed-walking to the exit of the greenhouse.

She stared at Felix's worried face with a grateful smile on her lips.

Felix acts just like an older brother.

As she thought so, a realization came to her.

That person before wasn't Anastasius. Well, not the real one. He may look like him, but he doesn't act like him. He's too cocky and arrogant, not even a hint like the real Anastasius.

She pursed her lips in frustration.

If I'm going to survive both the real and fake Anastasius while also keeping my title as the crown princess, then first I need to learn how to defend myself.

I already have the brain, now I just need to learn physical defense. But who would teach me? It has to be a secret that I know how to fight, or else there won't be an element of surprise.

Suddenly something hits her and she quickly turns to Felix with hopes in her eyes.

Felix of course! He's the one and only crimson knight of Obelia. He's also my most loyal knight, so he won't spill anything to Anastasius.

"Hey, Felix." She said quietly but still enough for Felix to hear.

"Yes, Princess?" He responded curiously.

"I...want to learn how to fight. To defend myself from danger if you're not with me."

Abruptly Felix stops walking and stares at her in surprise, unable to process what he was hearing. "Are you sure princess? You do know His Highness said that you aren't allowed to learn how to sword fight."

"Yes, I'm aware, but please teach me, Felix! I promise to be a good student." She said, with big puppy eyes and a pout on her face.

"I want to learn how to fight like you."