Released Monster

lil concept art i made lowkey hate anatomy

--

"That's definitely something you should be worried about." You stated plainly, Frowning at his lack of care.

He returned your frown, "I don't think it's something to dwell too much about."

"I guess you have a point, let's keep going, We don't want to get caught up in that." You pointed to the storm as you began walking.

Most of the trip would be spent on the train tracks, though there is that settlement along the way that Raihan might be interested in. Wouldn't hurt to stop by.

Now that you thought about it, you never asked Leon how he got infected, though you were pretty sure he was long gone by now, the now approaching abandoned train station settling some sort of guilt in your gut.

"There wasn't anything you could do," Raihan mumbled, placing a hesitant hand on your shoulder.

You didn't bother to respond, exhaling, maybe there was still time to get him to Sonia's if he's still here.

"Leon?" You called out hesitantly, voice cracking. Nothing. You peered in, looking around before spotting his figure leaned over on the chair, carefully you unholstered your weapon daring to step closer to him, "you still with us?"

He exhaled, slowly looking up, his eyes lighter than before but not in a good way.

"Show me." You mumbled, you couldn't imagine how Raihan must've looked, watching his rival and best friend slowly twist his arm to reveal several large gashes spanning the inside of his bicep, the skin bubbling around it.

You exhaled shakily, raising your gun to his head, hot wet tears running down your face, "I'm so sorry Leon." The gun trembled with your shaking frame, "I'm so sorry."

Going to Squeeze the trigger you didn't bother shutting your eyes, prepared to watch his head splatter open just as hops did.

Raihan's hand shot towards your arm, pushing it so you'd miss before he pinned you in place, eliciting a small cry from you and knocking the gun to the floor

"NO!" He shouted in your face, "WE CAN STILL SAVE HIM!" Tears poured down his face, "we can... we can still save him..." he said quieter, loosening his grip as he looked down between your feet.

"Raihan.." Leon quietly called out, raihan forced his head to look at him, "it's far too late for me." He took a firm grip on his injured arm, groaning at the pain. The surrounding veins were a dark black at this point as they crept up to his face.

"There's still time..." raihan muttered out shakily,

"Say your goodbyes, I'm not gonna let him turn." Despite your own figure shaking from emotion, you stated firmly, breaking his grip to pick up your dropped gun.

it was just a bit too late though, Leon's arm practically exploded, replaced by misplaced muscle and what you could only assume was bone. in place of his hands were 5 long claws he flexed, his eyes were now completely fogged over as blood stained the area around his mouth, several bloodshot eyes wedged themselves between the muscle.

"Oh god... what the fuck!" slipped out as you stumbled backward, tripping on the seats dropping your gun once more.

it honed on you first, stomping over before picking you up by the head,

"(Y/N)!" raihan shouted doing something you couldn't see, you held onto the thumb as you reached down for your knife, bringing it up and stabbing it through to free yourself. dropping you, it roared, the booming noise mixed with faint crying, glancing to its wrist before raising his hand and slamming you against the wall.

you gasped on impact, struggling to breathe, the world seemed to blur and spin.

Blink

it stomped towards you reaching for you again before its attention got pulled by something else.

Blink

a bright flash echoed over and over, was that an assault rifle? where did he get that?

Blink

it roared once more before running around, smashing into walls purposefully, it was trying to take down the station. It quickly gave up tho, taking flight out the door towards the wild area.

Blink

Raihan's face was in your view, saying words you weren't hearing, he frowned when you didn't respond.

he stood up glancing out both doorways before returning, collecting your items before carefully picking you up, adjusting you over his back, piggyback. at least it wasn't bridal style.

Blink

you swallowed, whimpering quietly, or at least what you thought was quietly. you didn't try opening your eyes again, either, leaning into his frame as he headed to the next destination.

he tapped your thigh with his thumb a couple of times, check-ins, he called it when your ears decided to work again.

"we're almost there." He said, readjusting his grip. "I'm sorry."

"why?"

"It's my fault, if I didn't interfere he wouldn't be... like that. you wouldn't be like this." you didn't respond right away,

he wasn't wrong. it would've gone smoother if he hadn't interfered, yet you couldn't be mad, looking at him finally you saw his frown, eyes cast downwards towards the tracks.

"you're right," you started, "it would be different, but what's done is done so, don't think too hard about it."

"What words of comfort, I'll keep them close to my heart."

"don't mock me, I won't hesitate to kill you."

"I'd like to see you try." he turned his head to look at you, smiling at your displeased face. he briefly glanced down before gazing back at you. exhaling he pressed his lips into a firm line, changing his gaze, "we're almost there, I can see it up ahead."

You looked forward, the blocked off entrance of the shanty town drawing into view.

"I see it, god I could use some good sleep."

"I heard it's easier to get a good nights sleep if you cuddle with someone."

"Eat a bag of dicks, you wish."

"Woah! It was only a suggestion, plus I could use some good rest myself."

You grumbled a response, sighing into his shoulder, "we'll see."