Unwelcomed

"Actually can- nevermind, what are you doing?"

"I was thinking of what to eat, food isnt really on the mind though."

"Fair enough, so..." was raihan always this awkward?

"So...?"

"I wanna talk about what happened earlier."

"What happened earlier..." it came out almost as a question, images flickering of what he had turned into. "What even is there to talk about."

"It's my fault after all," Raihan started, "you were going to kill him and I stopped you." His eyes started to gloss over— wait was he about to cry?

"I couldn't bare to watch him die and now his fate is even worse." He sighed and then mumbled under his breath.

"You're mumbling."

"Can anyone see into here?" This alarmed you, spinning to him.

"Well, outside the bathroom yes, why?"

"Forget it."

"Wha- no wait a damn minute you aren't just going to ask that and then leave me hanging!" You walked over to him, taking him by the arm and dragging him into the bathroom shutting the both of you in there. "You clearly have something to tell me, what is it."

"Fine." He took of his jacket, his inner arm turned towards you. His forearm was bandaged, tinged a slight brown—from blood and was wrapped tightly. He untucked the end and began unraveling, slowly exposing the healing wound on his arm.

"How long ago was this?"

"A week."

"Thats not possible."

"(Y/N), I swear, I promise I'm not lying."

"Fuck." You placed a hand over your mouth, thinking, if the bathroom was a tad bigger you'd pace "does Sonia know?"

"...No." he pressed his mouth into a line, giving an exasperated sigh, "look i was going to tell her and then my rotom died."

"I don't care. No one else can know. They'll kill you, in fact. We're not staying the night, we need to get to Sonia's sooner." You took the bandages from him and tossed it out, raiding your medicine cabinet for a fresher roll, securing it into place by the little metal clip.

"Little eager are we?" Raihan clicked his tongue, grabbing your attention. He sat on the edge of the bathtub with you in between his legs.

"Keep it up and see where it gets ya." You gave him a smug look as his cheeks blushed, what a idiot.

There was a knock at the front door.

"Stay here. They're doing a scan." You stood up, opening the door and closing it behind you. Doing a slight jog you crossed the living room to open the door, 3 men stood outside your door. 2 sat either side armed and geared up while the 3rd held out a small device while in a white plastic coating.

"Good-day gentlemen, how can I help you?"

"Here to do the scan, please come out, turn around and kneel down. I'll also need your companion to come out."

"Companion?" You turned around, hoping to not see his dumbass outside of the bathroom—he wasn't. "You must be mistaken I'm the only one in here."

"I'm not stupid ma'am, I've seen you with a new fella around town."

"Well I must insist that there's no one else here, I'll do my scan and then-" one of them slammed the butt of the gun into the side of your cheek, slamming you to ground. Your hand found its way to your check. He stepped over you and into your apt. "Thats one way to treat a woman." You glanced over to your backpacks. The scanner gestured for you to get up, which you obliged.

"Clean."

The two others walked past, giving you a window to go for the bags.

"Bathroom doors locked. Definitely hiding in here." You quickly pulled out the first gun you could reach, praying it had ammo in it. Swinging it around you leaned into the scope, and then hesitated. This will be really loud, instead you slung it over your shoulder grabbing the switchblade keep on you. Flicking it open you stood up, hunched over. Normally you don't have to fight heavily armed guards, the two kicked the door down simultaneously, which is when you charged, the dust from the splitting door distracting them long enough.

You jumped onto the first ones back knocking him unbalanced briefly, flipping the knife through your fingers to stab him in the neck. The sound of him gargling on his own blood coursed through your body as you went for the next kill, he was a little more prepared, however Raihan jumped out of the bathroom to knock him down.

"No please no!"

You slammed your foot under his head, swinging it up and forcing it into a unnatural position with a loud snap, his spine pierced through the skin and a pool began to form under him in a even intervals. You wiped your face, smudging what blood had sprayed on you and wiped both your hand and knife on your pants.

"Arceus... that was... extreme." Raihan stared at you. Your expression was either blank or that of a traumatized victorian boy.

"Sonia's."

You had taken the weapons off the guards, keeping one for yourself and taking the ammo from the other.

"You didn't have to do that." He whispered,

"I did what was necessary."

"I don't think killing that second guy was really..." he trailed off, "necessary."

"Maybe. Maybe not. Too late now. There was a third guy but I think he ran. Definitely not welcome there anymore." The moonlight was the only thing illuminating the tracks over the water.

"You know how to swim right?"

"You kidding? Course I know how to swim."

"Just making sure i don't have to dive after you if you slip."

"I mean i wouldn't mind if you did."

"I wish the train still worked." You mumbled, "would turn this two an a half day walk faster."

"Are any of your Pokémon uninfected?" Raihan asked,

"Not any we could ride, you?" He shook his head,

"Sacrificed them to clean out hammerlocke."

"Like what Kabu did?" He nodded,

"Like what Kabu did."