Shanty town

Raihan set you down just outside the gate, keeping one arm around you to keep you propped,

You whistled a short tune, patiently waiting for the damn thing to open,

"Its her! Open the gates!" A familiar voice called out, The large flimsy gates opened with a jolt,

"I sure hope he doesnt come back anytime soon, my back is killing me." Walking through the townsfolk who survived muttered among themselves, you were able to hear some of what they were talking about,

"Shes brought back raihan! I cant believe hes still alive after all this time,"

"It looks like shes taken a beating, have the infected evolved?"

"Whats her and raihan doing here anyways? Maybe ill be able to get an autograph from him." You turned to look at raihan,

"The shops are over there, I'll be in that building getting fixed up," you gestured in one direction then another one.  He nodded, hesitantly leaving your side. As fast as you could you made it into the building,

"(Y/N)! Its nice to see you again, lets get you fixed up," leading you to the back room, Joy had taken a liking to treating other things than pokemon, getting partially undressed you laid down on you stomach, groaning at the pain it sent,

"Work your magic."

"Jeez, what happened?"

"not something I want to talk about." She started up by your neck, rubbing a balm between her hands before kneading her palm into the muscles, the pleasure cancelled out the pain, letting you relax.

You must've fallen asleep because next thing you know is that Joy is gently nudging you awake,

"Im all done, sleepyhead, try stretching and lemme know if anythings hurting."

"How bad did it look," you asked as you sat up, raising your arms to pop your back,

"I dont even know how anything could make your back that purple,"

"Damn, it probably looked worse than it felt."

"Im surprised you didn't break anything," you shrugged getting off the table,

"Ive got strong bones I guess,"

Before you could get redressed, raihan walked through the door, "I checked the entire market, no-" he stopped, staring at you as his face grew redder by the second, quickly you covered you chest and shouted for him to get out, to which he slammed the door, which startled you more than him walking in.

"Damn men." You mumbled, hurriedly getting dressed, "Don't know when to knock I swear."

Joy lightly laughed, helping you get dressed in what ways she could, "let's hope you don't give him any worse injuries than what you had,"

"Yes Ma'am,"

Fully dressed, you walked out with joy, who closed the door behind you.

"You said no one had seen it here?" You said walking up to Raihan, he hesitated a moment,

"Yeah, not here, I- Look- I didn't mean to walk in on you like that,"

"We don't have to talk about it, I have half a mind to not smack the shit out of you." You sighed, "We're about halfway to the Lab, shouldn't be more than 4 hours if we don't have any issues,"

"Okay, do you wanna stock up before we go?"

"Nah I don't got anything to pay with, plus I'm already pretty stocked up." You readjusted your bag, staring at him. "You can ask. I know you saw."

"Was it cancer?" He mumbled under his breath, face full of pity. You just nodded.

"I'm free now. But it was long before the outbreak."

"Don't you get worried about it coming back?"

"No. I've already made terms with death anyways."

He huffed softly, saying all he needed to without saying it.

Thats depressing

"Let's go, Sonia's waiting." You started walking first, pushing through the doors of the impromptu hospice, his footsteps following after a moment of hesitation.

"I don't think Sonia will have it so we'll have to circle back to Hammerlocke, and if we're unlucky we'll have to search every location head to toe." You paused, turning to Raihan, "have you heard anything about the condition of Rose tower? I know it's partially collapsed but Ive got a feeling somethings there."

"No, I don't dare to step foot near it."

"Fair enough, I wouldn't either." You glanced to his arm, something he noticed quickly, and immediately placed a hand over a specific spot.

He always covered that spot.

Dragging your eyes up to the sky, you watched it transition into an orange, "we can stay the night here, my place is right over there," you gestured off, a average sized building, "place was made back before the infection hadn't spread too far, so people were still pretty confident in using Pokémon, of course thats not the case anymore.

Maybe you'd let yourself be curious, see what he's hiding. Sliding your backpack off, you began to fish for your keys, quickly pulling them out.

"I only have one bed so I'll take the couch, since you're considered a guest." You spoke while shoving the key into a rusted but polished handle.

"I'll sleep on the couch, you were injured today, I'm sure your back would appreciate it." Pressing your lips into a line you inhaled,

"Raihan." You almost growled, He jolted in place as you turned to him, his face suddenly flushed red, "I will not be fighting you on this, I'm sleeping on the couch."

"Why don't we just share the bed?" He blurted out and this time it was your turn to turn red, "You know- Like how you would as a kid and you were having a sleepover." You frowned, quietly opening the door. Walking in you tossed your bag to the side before B lining it for the kitchen.

"Make yourself at home, I guess, just close the door behind you." Following that, you heard a small click, followed by two others, one of which much heavier than the other.

He deadbolts doors.. alright.

"Did I say something? You seem bothered."

"I'm fine, just a sore spot."

"I won't press, if you want to talk about it i'm all ears."

"Thank you, I'll keep that in mind."

IM NOT DEAD!! School has been kicking my ass but I have a GF NOW!!! Shes very nice an cute and sweet :))) anyways I finally finished this part I had this bad boy just sitting at 800 words 💀 idk when I'll be able to update next but im hoping to do it more regularly. I'm excited because im finally not blind firing and the only thing I need to figure out is a job to pay my side of bills (and i sorta have a plan for that) but so far im expected to graduate (on time) and then begin a (hopefully) full ride scholarship to a Uni!