The Beginning

July 27, 2021
6:00 am

Atalia B. Cora

*ring* *ring* *ring*

My eyes slowly open hearing the sound of my phone alarm go off. I blink a few times finally becoming self aware. Forcing my self to wake
up I push my self up on the bed and reach over and grab my phone off the nightstand, taking it off the charger. After pressing stop on my alarm I get up to get ready for my appointment at 7:30. Entering my closet I find an outfit to wear. I've been going to the same doctor since i turned 18, two years ago so no need to dress up.

My outfit of the day is a white sweatshirt and grey tights matching it with my white crocs. Going to my underwear draw I take out my basic black Victoria's Secret bra and panties set. Also getting a pair of white ankle socks.

Taking my clothes to my bathroom I grab me a fresh towel and rag out my bathroom closet. Then turn on my shower making sure it's steaming hot. People who don't take scorching hot showers are sickening. After being done with my 40 minute shower and my skin care routine I put on my shea body butter. Then, my clothes and some vanilla bean noel bath and body works perfume. I put my silk pressed hair into a neat high ponytail.

It was now 6:45 and my doctor appointment is in New River which is around 35 minutes away from Phoenix but knowing me and my driving 10-20 minutes top. I grab my car keys and bag off the kitchen counter and got in the elevator. The elevator stops at the lobby letting me out. I walk through the automatic door and walk towards my black 2021 Nissan Altima. I press my remote start and unlock button on my keys so I can just hop in.

*skip car ride*

I'm now sitting in the doctors office waiting room.

"Talia, Mr. Stevens ready to see you now" I hear a familiar voice. I look up from my phone seeing my favorite nurse Nadia smiling at me. I smiled back and walk towards her.

She opens the door for me that leads to the little check up rooms. "Girl your ass look fat in them Scrubs" I turn and smirk at her as we walked to my room.

"Talia you say that every. motherfucking. time, My ass can't get no bigger" She laughs. "I need to get like you" I say.

"You gained hella weight since you got off chemo and shit, you look good"

"Thank you" I smile big as hell giving her a little swirl.

We get to the room and I sit on the little bed thingy. Me and Nadia just talking about whatever while she took my blood. She went to get the blood tested and walked back in with Steven ass.

"Now Talia why you got that hot ass sweater on in this Arizona ass weather" Steven said rolling his neck at me.

His gay white wanna be black ass always on me.

"You know i'm anemic leave me alone na" I rolled my eyes at him.

He rolled his eyes and sat down in the rolling chair by the computer. "Anyways, you know you unfortunately stopped caring about your life 6 months ago" he said with some shade in his voice. I threw a piece of paper at his head making all of us laugh. "Nah but for real the cancer ain't getting no better" He said typing on the computer pulling up my scans. "As you can see or maybe you can't cause you dumb the cancer is growing quickly".

"damn" I shook my head.

"Give me a estimate on you know how long i got left".

"I would say three months and some days maybe but- nope i made up my mind" I cut him off already knowing what he was going to say.