Day 6

Tuesday
August 2, 2021
12:45 pm
omniscient p.o.v

As the bright sun beamed against my face I unconsciously turn my head in the other direction. While simultaneously pulling my cover over my head to block the light. I had Accidentally slept until the afternoon and had no desire to get up anytime soon. Feeling physically and more so mentally exhausted not even god himself could get me out my bed.

I wasn't dreaming but I was asleep if that makes sense. Maybe the pounding on the door I was hearing was a dream. I hope its a dream. No one should be pounding on my door like that anyways. I'll let god handle it because I refuse to get up. Maybe if I go into a deeper sleep I won't hear it.

Or maybe I should just get up and answer the door. Fine, but if ain't Michael B. Jordan coming to give me a happy ending then I'm going back to bed.

I snatch the covers off myself and stomp to the door. Unlocking it and yanking it open I see nobody but everybody. All of them, Sami, Chas, Temp, The twins and Sami Twins standing at my door. With different emotions on their face. And the only emotion on my face is pissed the fuck off.

"the hell!" I semi yelled waving my free hand. "Just standing there looking, What the hell y'all want?". My left leg bouncing and my right hand gripping the door knob. "Calm down queen Latifah" Code pushed passed me walking into my home. He was talking about my jail house braids I had put in last night just to sleep in. "How you open the door yelling looking like your stylist just ran off with your lace front?" Dae followed up also pushing pass me. I just rolled my eyes and open the door wider for everyone to come in. When everybody came in I stomped right back into my room and belly flopped on my bed.

"Auntie, Auntie, Auntie" The twins sung climbing up onto my bed. "whaaatt" I groaned. "Get up talia, do you know what time it is?" Sami said slapping my thigh. "I'm grown go away" My voice came out muffled from my face being in my bed. "Been blowing up your phone all day, You got clients to do in like 3 hours". I felt a dip in the bed guessing she sat down.

"Oh shit" I said pushing myself up. I ran into my closet grabbing sweats, a tank top, and underwear and rushed into the bathroom. I turned on the shower, stripped, got in, and washed up. When i got out I dried off, lotion up, and threw on my clothes. With speed I took out my braids and slicked my hair into a high puff. Running out the bathroom and then running out my room I slipped on my crocs that I left out in my living room. Running back into my room I grab my bag for work, keys, and my jacket.

"Talia I said three hours you can slow down" Sami laughed at my manic rushing. I swear I heard 30 minutes. I huffed as I sat back down on my bed.

"Im so exhausted" I complained. "Then reschedule"

"That's unprofessional"

"This will be your first time rescheduling"

I thought about it for a minute and agreed. I texted my clients and refunded their deposit.

Sami went on to tell me about everything that happened before she arrived. Basically Chas took everybody out for breakfast. She said they kept calling me but I wasn't answering . She told me how the twins was acting out and code and dae was egging them on. In the middle of her talking my phone started ringing. It was an unsaved number.

"uhh hello?" I said putting my ear to the phone.

"hey its mike" he responded. "oh hey wassup?" I asked as a smile grew on my face. Sami mouth who is that to me and I held up my finger telling her to wait. "I was just wondering if I could take you to lunch or something".

"When?" I asked sticking my tongue out. "I mean right now if you down".

"you gone have to give me like a hour" I laughed and he laughed too. "Alright text me when you ready"