Caught in a Lie

A/n: been a while. have this very shitty 5k please and thanks.

"Hey."

It comes out in a dull croak but Katsuki figures that he could, at the very least, offer Shouto a polite greeting after showing up on his doorstep in the dead of night—completely unannounced at that. He feels a bit guilty about dragging the half-and-half boy out of his sleep during a weekend that he'd been able to visit his siblings at home but he didn't know where else to go. He can't very well meander his way back to the dorms in this condition.

And he sure as shit can't risk Tenya seeing him like this.

"..."

Shouto doesn't seem to have much of anything to say this time—no lectures or sympathy or pointed stares of disappointment—and for that, Katsuki is grateful. He doesn't need to be reminded of how absolutely sick this is. He doesn't need to be told that he needs to get help. Shouto is helping him, he argues. He cleans his wounds and comforts him and allows him a safe place to rest until he can walk without limping again. It's utterly selfish. Katsuki does, admittedly, feel guilty about exploiting Shouto's feelings for him like this.

But he knows that Shouto won't turn him away.

And he knows that Shouto won't rat him out to Tenya or to their classmates.

For now, at least.

It's almost become routine—Shouto guiding Katsuki inside with a supporting arm around his waist as he quietly shuts the door behind him. The walk back to his room is a much longer one than the last time. Mutely, Katsuki wonders if it's just because he's just that exhausted.

Hagiwara must have really done a number on him this time.

It's awkwardly silent as Katsuki is gently lowered onto the soft tatami mats. Shouto makes a gesture for him to take off his shirt—what's left of it, anyway—and the blonde complies without fuss. He knows that this is asking too much of Shouto. He doesn't intend to be difficult about this when the older teen is already doing him a favor.

"...these are a lot worse than the last time." He finally says, making an effort not to be too rough while administering first aid even though he's visibly irate. Katsuki hums a noncommittal response, unsure of what he's supposed to say. He gets the feeling that Shouto is expecting an explanation but, per usual, he offers none.

Shouto sighs.

"Katsuki. We can't keep doing this, love."

It hurts when Katsuki swallows.

"I know."

"Then...you understand that we—that you have to tell him soon?"

A nod.

"I do."

The gentle hands at his back leave him and soon, Shouto is squatting in front of him in an attempt to look him in the eyes but Katsuki is adamant about avoiding his gaze. He's ashamed. And he knows that Shouto is aware of that, too.

"I just...wish you'd let me help you. If you don't trust anyone else to do this for you then—"

"You're helping me. You are. You don't understand just how much you are." Katsuki murmurs, fatigued and exhausted with this conversation already. He supposes that he should have expected it sooner or later, as Shouto had been kind enough not to pry or ask questions this entire time up until now. It's unfair of Katsuki to expect him to ignore all of the terrible things that he must be feeling about having to keep quiet about this. He won't be surprised if Shouto decides not to help him again.