'A' for Effort

A/N: most of this is just gratuitous smut since I haven't written any in...I dunno, forever? I spent all day writing this and it isn't even good but since I'm constantly being harassed about updates, this is the best I can do this go around. Anyway, hope you enjoy. Or don't. I'm not here to tell you how to live your life.

"That's not going to work."

Shouto hardly graces Yaoyorozu with a flicker of his gaze, a shake of his head when he notices her looking over his shoulder from where she stands at his side. It's the first time she's had the gall to speak to him in the last few weeks; they had avoided each other for very obvious reasons.

"Don't remember asking for your advice."

"I'm just saying that buying him material gifts won't be enough to impress him. Just as you have your family's money to throw around, Iida does as well. Anything that you could think of buying him could also be afforded by Iida. You'll only succeed in making a fool of yourself." She continues, shrugging as she tacks on "Well. More of a fool than you've already made yourself."

She's got a valid point, but Shouto can't quite think of anything else at the moment that would even suffice. He could very well do without her snark, though.

"How nice of you to be so concerned." His tone is dripping with sarcasm as he locks his phone screen to keep her prying eyes away. "What do you want, Yaoyorozu?"

"It's not necessary for you to be so prickly with me, Shouto---"

"Oh? I suppose I should just forget about the fact that you manipulated Katsuki and I both just so you could get to me?"

Her jaw tightens, arms folding over her chest as if to challenge his word and he stands to turn on her with a glare.

"We've discussed this, Shouto. You should know by now that you were overreacting."

"Overreacting? You planted the idea in my head that I had to break up with Katsuki or else my father would move my mother away to a farther away facility out of spite." He accuses her, pocketing his phone as his anger begins to rise at an alarming rate.

"Then you proceeded to go and fuck him when you knew he was vulnerable and needed someone---you got as much information about our relationship as you could from him just to leave him high and dry after you conned me into fucking you. You told me I had to be with you to keep my father happy so that I could keep seeing my mother! I trusted you and you lied to me just so you could have me to yourself!"

His chest is heaving with seething anger and all she does is stand there, eyes sharp and narrowed at him as if he's the backstabber.

"You should be happy that things turned out the way that they have. You would have hurt him eventually. You two would have resented each other---"

"It wasn't your place to decide that for us. The only person that I resent here is you. So I'll ask you again, Yaoyorozu. What is it that you want?"

A showdown. Neither of them are willing to back down, glaring right through each other. Eventually, it is Momo who looks away with a snort of bitter laughter.

"Good luck." Is all she says as she turns to walk away. Shouto replies with an annoyed huff. What gives her to right to be so upset about this---is it because she was embarrassed about being dumped in front of everyone? How did she think Katsuki felt when he'd found out she'd been using him? She deserved that humiliation just as Shouto had deserved being humiliated in front of everyone for the last few weeks. He wouldn't dare have the nerve to be upset over being laughed at. With what he's done to his beloved, he'd accept whatever punishment Katsuki would give him. Even if they never got back together again...if Katsuki could never find it in his heart to love Shouto the way that he once did...