Not. At. All. (Ch 15. Save)

Foxy and Jackson leaped through the portal, blinding lights flaring around them, and they rolled into an open field, the portal ceasing behind them. "We're in the past now, huh?" Jackson voiced, staring at the lush green flowers, "Seems...pretty peaceful. What did you mean, when you said that people...died because of your powers. I apologize if that's too pus-"

[Jackson is so cuteee-]

-1

Foxy's gaze hardened over, "Deathstroke's here. Get down."

She pulled Jackson under the cover of a bush.

"All right, son, enough of this foolishness. The serum H.I.V.E used to give you powers is killing you just as they planned. Get to the emergency room--or I'll drag you there," Deathstroke said desperately.

Deathstroke's son Grant backed away, "Not going anywhere with you, jackass. It's too late now, Slade! You can't change the past--"

"STOP!" Foxy yelled, dashing forward, taking Deathstroke by surprise, with an electrocution to the back executed by her blades.

Jackson followed in her wake, lifting Deathstroke upward violently with a spurt of water.

Deathstroke flipped over, landing on his feet with a grunt.

Deathstroke's son looked upon the scene in astonishment, unsure what was happening or what to make of it.

"You..." Deathstroke stared at the two in utter shock, "How did you two find me?!"

"You're not the only one with power over time," Foxy uttered softly, and the world started to crumble away around them, turning into planks of white, blue, and gray, electricity spluttering. Krreakk...Crank. "I'm sorry. But, you cannot alter the past. Whatever loss you have endured...you need to move on."

"No..." Deathstroke looked around, "My speed power..."

Deathstroke's son crumbled to the ground, blood pouring out of his nostrils, mouth, and head. "--?! --Slade--?"

"The time stream...fading--! NOOO--!" Deathstroke fell to his knees, holding his dying son, tears falling out of his eyes. Foxy set a hand on his shoulder, as well as Jackson, albeit uncertainly.

Deathstroke grabbed Foxy's shoulders, crying out in rage and sadness, "I...I just wanted to save him! You--I've lost him again because of YOU!!!"

"I wanted to save someone, too," Foxy agreed, tears now pricking her eyes and her arm touching his shoulder solacingly, "You're not in the wrong for wanting to save your son. But, the time stream...you can't alter time without repercussions! I'm sorry."

They both cried.

One villain. One hero.

The world around them swallowed them into nothingness.

[The author is amazed that it took them this long to comment, but they were absorbed by a father's desperation to save his son no matter the cost. They have decided that they can overlook Foxy's OP powers and unexplained backstory this once for this sorrowful, down-to-earth scene. There are just some people that you cannot save, and some things that you can never take back no matter how hard you try.]

-100

"C'mon. Come on back, Wally. Wally...please...Don't do this...We need you..." Robin (younger Dick Grayson) gave Kid Flash (younger Wally West) CPR, his eyes creased in worry, as Nightwing (older Dick Grayson) restrained Robin (Damian Wayne).