Episode 12: Ginkgo

Episode 12: Ginkgo

Everyone was staring at them.

That was the first thing Leslie noticed after drifting away from the photo op at the entrance of the building. It was a grand scaled one which had been rented out for this event.

She tried to occupy herself with thoughts of how it probably cost a fortune instead of focusing on the glares a handful of women sent her way.

It didn't take a genius to know that it was because of the man who had his arm wrapped around hers.

Almost as if he felt her gaze, Noah's eyes found her. "Have you seen him yet?"

Him as in Christopher right?

She shook her head after her eyes scanned the wide area for him and he was nowhere to be found among the crowd of people.

"That bastard better not bail on me last minute. It's my first event in a long time. He knows how important this is to me."

He noticed Leslie's reaction to that, realizing that there was a possibility of him not showing up here.

If that were to happen, that would mean all of their efforts made today would have been wasted.

"I'm just kidding, Leslie. He'll show up."

Her head turned to him at his reassurance and with the warm smile he offered her, there was no way she couldn't believe it.

He took a hold of her arm and unraveled it from his once they had made it to a secluded area. "I'm sorry to leave you like this but I have to prepare for my speech."

"I won't hold you accountable. This is your day after all."

He gave her a friendly tap on the shoulders before disappearing with a broad grin.

"You're the best."

It didn't take long before a woman found herself standing before Leslie, almost as if she couldn't wait until Noah to disappear for her to take his place.

"May I help you?" She asked the stranger with a voice of inquisition.

The woman was a tall one, standing at over six feet like a model and Leslie was sure she would still be just as towering without the heels on her feet. Matching them were a silver dress which sat daintily on her figure, a necklace around her neck and the glint in her eyes as she looked at her.

"We broke up three weeks ago." The red-head said suddenly.

Leslie blinked.

"Excuse me?"

"Noah and I." She expounded through clenched teeth.

Finally getting what this was about the brunette nodded understandingly before sparing her a smile. "I think there's been some kind of misunderstanding here-"

"He doesn't even like girls like you."

The woman had the intention of setting things straight on the basis that she was a past lover of her new friend, but the way she was so full of herself rubbed Leslie the wrong way.

"What do you mean girls like me?"

She cocked her head arrogantly before looking her up and down. "The type that doesn't fit into his lifestyle."

Leslie released a scoff, finding it hard to believe what she was hearing right now.

"I'm sorry but even if I don't fit into his lifestyle of the rich and famous it doesn't mean we can't be together. To have such a thought that love has to be on par with wealth is beyond me. You're way too materialistic for your own good. Because of that reason I don't think it's appropriate for me to keep someone like you company anymore. If you would excuse me..."