Episode 15: Apology

Episode 15: Apology

It was in the middle of the night when Leslie found herself creeping into Christopher's room.

She felt like a meerkat as her big eyes looked around, hands folded before her like paws and posture straight.

Her tongue came out and licked her upper lip nervously.

It had been her intention to come and apologize to him earlier for crossing the boundaries and invading his privacy.

Putting herself in his shoes, the woman would have felt mortified if he had seen her naked in that way.

It was too embarrassing to even think about.

She couldn't imagine how he possibly felt.

Though when she thought about it, he really had nothing to be self conscious about.

From the top of his head to the soles of his feet, his body was perfect.

As if he was a pre-planned and detailed creation of God who He put much love into.

A longing sigh left her.

Wasn't he in the top 10% of men that lived in this city? She thought, shocked by the acknowledgment.

No longer letting her mind get consumed by thoughts, Leslie took a deep breath and knocked onto his door.

There was a moment of silence.

Maybe he was asleep...

"Come in."

Her retreating figure froze at the sultry invitation.

All the hairs on the back of her neck stood up because of it.

Her toes wiggled a bit in the bed slippers she was wearing and upon entering, she tried not to wear her heart on her sleeves.

Because in the middle of the bed lay a very relaxed-looking Christopher. He held a book between both hands, glasses resting on the bridge of his nose and freshly washed hair almost covering his eyes. It was the softness of the image which took control of her.

Somehow Leslie felt like she needed to be a part of that perfect picture.

Maybe she wasn't worthy to be on many levels, but she was quick to convince herself otherwise.

"Can I help you?" He asked, his attitude from earlier showing some signs of return.

Something told her she needed to act fast if she didn't want to be kicked out within the next two minutes.

Twisting her hands, Leslie blinked at him.

"I...I just thought I should apologize for what happened earlier. I didn't mean to walk in on you like that. It was my fault for not knocking."

In the slightest motion, his neck angled itself to the side.

He assessed her in silence and she felt her palms begin to sweat.

Being unable to bear it anymore, she whispered. "Can you say something? It really took a lot out of me to come face to face with you after an embarrassing moment like that."

"You were embarrassed?"

His eyes were like sharp lazers.

She flushed at her mistake.

"No! I mean, yes- uh..." Her hand went up to scratch at her head as her forehead formed creases in between. "I figure you'd be more embarrassed than me though. It was your body exhibition after all."