Ch. 3 Free

■Y/N's POV■

Weeks have passed, today is my graduation day. I still live at Ino's house but tomorrow I'll move to my new apartment after looking for it in the last two weeks with Ino.

The door is opened and Ino comes with my parents.

Y/N's mom: my daughter.... oh dear...

Y/N: mom... dad...

Mom comes and cradles my face gently. She's telling me how proud she is and I'm so overwhelmed listening to my mom's kind words.

Dad stares at me and walks closer to me.

Y/N's dad: why don't you look happy Y/N?

Dub Dub

I am happy, I really am. It's just all this time I thought there will be another person on my graduation day, the person that I want to forget.

Y/N: nothing... I'm... just nervous...

My eyes meet Ino's as she stands in the doorway. She looks worried and I give her a smile and she sighs. We all then go to my campus.

I'm so happy the moment I receive my bachelor's degree. I studied Textile Craft, something that I'm interested in, and finally finish my studies.

Ino: Y/N Y/N, here stand here!

Ino tells me to stand with my campus building as its background, she takes pictures of me, and then tells my parents to stand beside me, she takes a picture of us. Then my dad takes a picture of me and Ino.

Only with them...

My parents, Ino, and I are at a family restaurant not far from my campus. Not long after Makoto came and we eat together, celebrating my graduation.

We asked the waiter to take a picture of us. We did take a lot of pictures, and I'm really happy, I do, but something does feel a little off.

I shook my head internally and try to focus on everyone in here, the people who love me.

After we eat we talk for a bit and as the sky turns dark, we decided to go. Ino and Makoto excuse themselves to go somewhere on their own, today I'm planning to go to my parent's house.

I get in my parent's car and keep staring at the street as we passed them. Just then.

Y/N's mom: Y/N... want to talk about something? Issei, he didn't come, are you?

Dub Dub

I know, it's weird that mom and dad didn't asked about him.

Y/N's dad: your mother and I notices how you look kinda off today, and how he's not around... but if you don't want to talk about it... we won't force you to talk...

Y/N's mom: we... just want to make sure that our daughter is alright...

My heart clenches, remember the day I saw Matsukawa for the last time at Ino's place. How his eyes widened when he looks at me, probably surprised how messed up I was.

Mom and dad just worried about me, but if I talk about him, I'll keep on remembering.

I want to forget...

Y/N: I... am sorry... I... don't want to talk about him...

Mom looks back at me with a gentle smile.

Y/N's mom: it's alright... if talking about him making you feel sad then there's no need, okay...

Mom and dad are so kind....