10. Different Kind of Pain

Note: This Chapter is Quite long, I hope you're not bored.

■Matsukawa's POV■

I feel a slight pain in my left arm and head. I sit on this bed and look at my surrounding.

Hospital...

I'm trying to recall what happened and remember when I ran to Y/N after seeing a ladder falling her way. 

Matsukawa: Y/N! where is she? is she alright?

I look around but found no one. Then I saw my phone on the table next to my bed, there's a piece of paper and I take it.

Thank you for protecting me again.

The doctor said that you're alright but please tell me if you feel pain

I've unblocked your number

I'll take responsibility because you're hurt to protect me.

I'm sorry I have to leave because I have work, but I already called someone for you

I'm sorry for using your phone.

Get well soon Matsukawa san

I  recognize this handwriting, though she puts no initial on the paper. 

Matsukawa: Y/N's handwriting....

I stare at the small piece of paper in my hand, looking at the neatly written note. Just then, the door slides open and I put the paper in my pocket. I look up to see the person who walks into the room.

Matsukawa: Mayuki... why are you here?

Mayuki walks closer to my bed

Mayuki: what happens? are you okay? you're not answering my call...

Matsukawa: I've just woke up... it seems like I've been unconscious, I don't even remember being taken to the hospital.

Mayu: you do-

The door is open and the doctor came in.

Doctor: Matsukawa san, how are you feeling?

Matsukawa: ah, I think I'm fine...

The doctor explains that nothing severe happens to me. I move my arm and my shoulder and upper arm are in pain, the doctor said I have no broken bones and all, it's just a bruise from the ladder hit.

Nurse: you can leave, the administration has been taken care of by your friends earlier, but they left for work... get well soon...

The doctor and the nurse left the room leaving me and Mayuki. I get up from the bed and takes my bag and phone.

Mayuki: the people who were referred to as your friends... who are they?

I flinch when I listen to Mayuki's question. It could be Y/N and her friend who always picks her up.

They left together...

Matsukawa: just... someone that I know...

I hang my bag on my right arm. I look at my watch and see that I'm an hour and a half late for work. But if I go home, I won't be able to see Y/N.

Mayuki: I'll take you home...

Matsukawa: sorry Mayuki, I think I'm going to work... don't want my paycheck to be cut off...