Ch.7 Different Treatment

■3rd Person POV■
Y/N looks at Matsukawa who's gripping the molester's hand. Though she couldn't see his face, Y/N knows that the person who saves her it's him.

Passenger1: miss, are you okay?

Y/N: y-yes...

The other passengers start gathering and help to restrain the molester.

The train stops at Matsukawa's station. Matsukawa, Y/N, and two other passengers get off in here to give what they have witnessed to the authority.

As they walk to the security with the molester, Y/N notices that Matsukawa tries to faces away from her, and somehow this hurts her. Thinking that Matsukawa hates her that much.

The station security takes the molester with him leaving Y/N, Matsukawa, and two others behind. Y/N looks at the three people who helped her. Matsukawa looks away to make sure that they didn't make any eye contact.

Y/N is a little sad but then she shooks it away. She bows her head to the people who helped her and thanks them.

Y/N: t-thank you so much for helping me...

Passenger1: no problem, My daughter is around your age, knowing someone molesting a girl on the train makes me mad... are you going on the train again?

Y/N: ah yes... I'll get off in the next station...

Passenger2: I see, please be careful okay...

The two left, leaving Matsukawa and Y/N. Y/N sees that Matsukawa is not looking her way, thinking that he'll leave because he lives around this area.

Y/N bows her head and Matsukawa sees this from the side.

Y/N: thank you... for helping me...

With that Y/N turns around and walks to the borderline, waiting for the next train. When the train comes, Y/N gets on the train and stands right next to the door.

Y/N is anxious that someone will touch her again so she doesn't face the door, but she still can't help but feel scared.

Just then, Matsukawa walks onto the train and faces away from Y/N, making the girl looks at his broad back.

Y/N: w-why... are you getting on... this...

Then Y/N notices that she was not pressed to the other passenger because Matsukawa makes some space for her, trapping her right on the corner.

Her heart clenches when she realizes this, realizes that Matsukawa is trying to protect her.

■Matsukawa's POV■

I can feel her breathing on my back. Seeing someone molesting her earlier making me in rage seeing how she looks scared makes me think that I'm useless for not being able to protect her.

The moment she thanked me and walks inside the train, I saw her small figure looking so fragile next to the door. Before the door shuts, I got in and stand in front of her, separating her from the crowds.

She must be uncomfortable with my presence...

I try to not show my face or making any eye contact with her but I know it's useless, she definitely recognizes me.

Y/N: w-why are you getting in this train... you... live around the previous stop.....

My heart beats faster knowing that she talks to me.

Why did I get on this train?

To protect you? To make sure you're alright?