5~Him and Her

Its been a while since he met her. His love. Having to be away from his crush is one thing but having to be away from her without telling her his true feelings is another.

And my God does it hurt! He couldn't help but be hurt, thinking of the possibilities of her being with another man, a better man.

After a case that gone wrong officer Takaji was moved to work in another city. Making him be away from his love,Sato.

He was, was about to tell Sato, to confess to Sato about his true feelings. But chickened out at the last movement leaving Sato totally confused and secretly disappointed.

He still remembered it....

'Sato, I...' he had mumbled. They were infront of a big cherry tree.

'Mhm?' She said urging him to continue.

'I.....I......I lo....Lov....' He couldn't so he ran. He ran and ran and ran.

When he finally stopped running, the realization of what he did drowned on him.

He can't believe he did it again. He chickened out. He lost her.

He sigh sitting on his couch. He is  going to his old station again. 'Its just another workday!'
He scolded himself when his thoughts drifted back towards her.

Man does he miss her. He kept wondering how she is. Did she change? Was she the same? And God forbid was she... was she in a relationship?

'Shut up' he told himself. He is like that mostly, he almost always think about her, whether he is alone or with someone else. His mind seem to always be drowned by the thought of her.

He checked the time on his watch. 7:30. He jumped from the coach, time to go!

He sat on his chair checking the new case that was handed to him as his first. He raised his head when he heard the door open loudly with a 'thud'.

There she was Officer Sato a smile plastered on her face looking as beautiful as ever. He watched her as she let out her angelic laugh that he adored so much and kept talking with a...... a man.

Suddenly her eyes locked with his. And her once bright face changed into an unreadable expression. Without a second thought she turned left and went to her desk followed by the man she was talking to.

Takaji could only feel guilty and hurt. He knew that he brought this upon himself but he couldn't help the sadness.

He turned around watching her laugh again with that man. He felt it. The bitter feeling of jealousy crawl up his chest. He hated it. He hated the man. And most of all he hated himself.

Through out the next two weeks, he would sit and sneak a peak at her. When he tried to talk to her she would turn and run to the opposite direction.

In short those two weeks have been hell!

But now he felt light headed. His palms were sweating. His heart was beating a mile per second. Just because he was sitting in a car. With her. Alone. No one else. He and her only.

He glaced at her once again she looks so relaxed. So calm. No ounce of nervousness. She kept her eyes on the road. Not sparing him a mind. And he kept admiring her. Drinking in her features longingly.

They were send to a duty together. "Just like old days" officer Midory has said.

After thirty minutes of awkward silence they reached their destination. A bakery.

The owner of the bakery was killed. The door was locked from inside and the body was found inside the kitchen. The only one who has keys was only the owner. The suspects were the baker, the owners wife and his two children.

They kept investigating the case. They spent two hours. In those two hours neither of them spoke or concentrated. They bother were distracted.

Every once in a while there gloved hands would touch. Thire shoulders would brush against each other when they are standing close.

All those things were driving Takaji insane. He would feel so many emotions. Guilt. Hurt. Sadness. Longing. And most of all Love.

Finally they solved the case accusing one of his children as the murderer. The owner have decided to inherit his bakery to his older, creating a huge battle between the two siblings.

Takaji expressed how the younger stole a key and called the victim early before opening hours. And killed him by giving him poison in a glass of water.

After the investigation was finished. The two officers sat in Sato's car. Warm coffees in hand. Watching the sunset. Takaji looked up at his loved one. She seemed deep in thought.

"Sato..." He breathed out unconsciously.

She turned to face him. Her eyes filled with unshed tears. God she missed him. But the only thing she got from him is just... silence. And it broke her. It hurt to think that he doesn't care about her enough to do that to her.

No calls. No texts. No emails. No anything. He left her and didn't even try to contact he. Sato hated that. She hated him. But then again she loved him.

Its just sad, how he left her alone and confused. How he didn't try to contact her when he was away. How he didn't greet her when he came back.

And now he was there infront of her. He is close, too close. Looking at her wide eyed.

"Sato...." he muttered again. She loved how her name sounded when he called her. She let a tear slip.

She couldn't tear her eyes from his. His amazing eyes. She loved them too. She loved every ounce of him.

He started to shuffle slowly. Coming closer to her. Closer and closer and closer.

She could do this. Imagine everything was just a dream. Imagine the past 11 months of torture weren't real. She could forget. She also could forgive.

So she did. Let herself be ridden by her heart. She moved too. Closer towards him. Towards her love.

And they reached each other. Closed the gap between them. Between their lips.

When there lips touched, they both lost it. Years of hidden feeling came undone. They both fotgot themselves. Forgot their past. Forgot their surrounding. Forgot the world. Forgot everything. It was just them.

Him and Her.