2~We laid under the stars

Have you ever felt like life is playing with you?

Destiny would say something like 'Hey guys, I am bored! Let's play with our little Aoko!'

And then Sadness, Anger, Agony and loneliness would say like, 'Hell yeah!'

Then they sit on an old comfy couch and watch me suffer with cold beer bottles in hand, enjoying my misery.

I feel like that almost everyday. With my father being an officer, he is busy with cases anywhere, everywhere, at any time. He has his fair share of scars all over his body. But it isn't like the scar of my heart. Him being busy means me being lonely.

But everything has took a 180° turn , when I started dating 'Kaito Kid', the phantom thief. Everything has changed to the better, well mostly, because of him.

I walk down the hallway, scanning over the doors for number 342. The smell of chemicals surrounded me. I hate being here, but its not like I have a choice.

I stoped short on my tracks, becoming face to face with what I was looking for.

Room 342.

I walked towards it. I was about to twist the handle, but I felt it. I felt the feeling of hesitation crawl up my chest.

No, I told my self, No room for hesitation.

Walking inside I was met with a stronger smell of chemicals. Lying there in a white hospital room, on a white hospital bed, wearimg nothing but a white hospital gown, unconscious, was my father.

I slowly made my way towards him. The feeling of hesitation from before long forgotten, replaced by the worst of feelings,

Fear.

I sat down on the chair across from the bed. My mind reeling with 'what if's and 'if only's. Regretting not doing anything, well not anything, but not doing something useful.

I stared at his pale face. Tears treating to fall off my eyes.

"Dad" I sob his name. Feeling pathetic, for not being able to stop the cracking ofy voice.

"Dad, I-I I am sorry! I shouldn't have done that!" I sob louder this time. Replying what happened in my mind like a broken record.

My sobs become louder as more tears flood off my eyes, wetting up my cheeks.

I continue to cry my eyes out. Letting my head to fall on to the hospital bed. Clenching my father's hand so tightly.

I am to blame. This is all my fault. Maybe if I was braver enough I would have been able to save my father. Maybe he wouldn't be on this bed senseless.

After some time, maybe because I realize that pouring my heart out won't do me a favor except for swollen red eyes and tear covered cheeks, or, maybe I have finished all my teared and I won't be able to cry for the rest of my life, I kissed my father on his cheek. I said good bye and promised him I will be back soon. Then I head out of the room, dialing a number I know by heart.

"Hello... "

*****

"You have been crying." He states as he landed perfectly on his legs. Ha, who said cats land on their legs, you should see my boyfriend.

"What gave me away? My puffy swollen eyes or tear stained face?" I asked him as I walk towards him.

Sighing he scooped my little figure in his strong arms. Making me feel secure and safe.

"What's wrong baby?" My boyfriend, Kaitou, asks me.

"Dad is in hospital, he got shot on the chest, because of me." I sob, guess there still are tears left after all.

"Hush darling" he wipe my tear with his thumb."I know for sure that you aren't to blame, now tell me what happened."

We seat down on the all too familiar green grass.

We are at our place. It is a huge field in the middle of woods with a beautiful view of sunset and an even more beautiful view of the night sky.

"We were at one of h-his cases. As usual he figured out who the suspect is, and the the man had a gun with him. And-And he threatened to shot me if they don't let him go."I took a deep breath before continuing, "And the dad decided to be the knight in the shining armor and got in the way." I scoff suddenly feeling annoyed. "Then he got shot and went to the hospital"

"So, whose fault is this?" He asks me in a sing song way.

"The bloody murderer's?" I offer him.

"Exactly" he said. When I turn around I saw him stretched out on the grass, his hands under his head, as a pillow.

Realizing that I am still sitting, he pulled me down with my arm. With an 'umph' I fall the short distance, and lay down next to my boyfriend.

All it took was a breath. A ripple in the lake. A whisper of the wind. And his lips we're on mine.

It was unexpected, my eyes go wider as I felt his perfect pink lips on mine, his face so close to my touch. But still I felt safe. I neither felt uncomfortable nor I felt endangered. So, I close my eyes and let my self be free.

His strong arms wrappes them selves around me pulling me closer, as if we weren't close enough, and the warmth of our love wrappes around us like a blanket.

Under the stars we laid forgetting our hearts and worries. Laying on the moon light framed grass, tangled together with a spark of love.

This tool a while to write. Hope y'all like it. Vote, Comment or Cote if you like the chapter.