Chapter 21

Snakes and Ladders

Snakes and Ladders

LIFE IS ALMOST LIKE A GAME OF SNAKES AND LADDERS, the fortunate always land the ends of ladders climbing up instantly. The less fortunate always getting eaten by the snake not getting anywhere.

But at the end of the day, it's a game of luck with dices that can bring happiness or deceive you and give you false hope. I fell onto a snake's head plenty of times, got taken back by challenges. 

I couldn't tell if meeting Roman was me landing on top of a snake or if I was climbing up to infinite distances on a ladder.

It was something in between. 

Roman had left a few minutes ago after the fiasco in the shower that left me with a slight limp and sore between my legs. 

I stood between the two mannequins in my towel, I should've never made two dresses. I knew this was going to happen. I couldn't decide between both dresses, they were both equally beautiful. 

I also had to keep in mind that this was a gala...and an expensive one. 

The pink dress looks more formal...but the red is sexy. Pink it is. 

The corset part of the dress wrapped around my chest almost spilling everything, I pair the dress with white stiletto heels

A knock on my door lets me drop the silver necklace I was going to put on, I open it to Lina with a now very visible pregnant belly. 

"You look amazing!" Lina wasn't going since she was part of the staff- I was invited. I rushed her into the room and closed the door after her.  

"How are you feeling?" I asked her and her smile turned into a sad one. 

"I'm okay...Seeing Noah around still hurts" She rubbed her swollen stomach, she had an appointment the other day to find out the gender and...surprise the only person who knew was me.