CH.4 HEART RACE

There was a banquet held for the guests, models, and staff after the show. At first, I wasn't sure about attending the banquet but as I was in a good mood additionally, the banquet was held in the same building on the upper floor so I decided to go. I quickly change my hefty makeup & dress. I wore a beautiful short white dress with one hand off the shoulder with white heels and a silver shiny bracelet on my left wrist.

I was ready from top to bottom and was waiting for YoonTae oppa to arrive. Since Oppa wasn't with me so I went out to find him however I could not see him anywhere. I thought I need to call him but my smartphone turned out to be with him.

I walked searching for him.
I was turning over a corner and suddenly my body clashed with another making me stumble backward. I was about to fall but the figure in front of me was quick to place an arm around my waist making me hover over the ground. My eyes widened when I saw the face of the person in front of me. He was again Kim Mingyu.

Mingyu smiled at me before pushing my body up so I could stand straight then his arm left my waist.

Oh, i'm sorry!! I didn't see you coming. I said while tucking my hair behind my ears and bowing my head a bit down.

Mingyu replied, "It's okay".

"AarNa let's go", YoonTae oppa called me from behind... And I went inside with him.

As I walked into the party there were all the guests and celebrities present. I was quite impressed by how well the hall was decorated, The heavy doors, replaced by a brocade curtain, lead into the central hall, with the damned sitting around the table, groaning under the weight of the most delicious food had ever seen.
The splendid music hall has been fully appointed. Everything was extremely sparkling & splendid.

I sat at the corner table with my manager. I was so blissful that I had a constant little smile on my face. I was delighted like a little kid is on his/her birthday. I got so lost in the music that I didn't realize when Oppa left the table, and of Of course he was on the hop of flirting with other female managers there. I can't avail but understand him, he's almost 24 and single. He requires time for himself as he was always with me during my hiatus.

I was taking small drops of wine while hearing the sweet song playing in the position.

Suddenly cold breeze commenced coming off from behind. Everything around me went mute. It was like the silence before the Strom. I heard the sound of someone walking from behind.
'Tick - tack, tick - tack, tick - tack...'

"AarNa is that you?" A voice approaches me.

I look back and found he was my dumbass senior JEONG JAEHYUN who I use to like and send messages but he never replied and always made fun of me.

He shook his hand in front of me to get my attention, "hello, are you there???"

I stood up and greeted him by bowing down with one hand on my chest as the neck of the dress was a little deep."Good evening".

"Aahh, it's ohk no need of greeting me formally after all we know each other for a long time now," Jaehyun said while pulling out the chair in front of me. Acting all superior in front of me.

I smiled awfully because I was uneasy with him.

"It's been so long since I've seen you. You have changed a lot seeing that then". He stated at the same time as searching at me with a peculiar look.

I spoke back with a strange face, "You don't even know me that well. How do you realize that I changed?"

He answered me with a cunning smile "I mean how you use to send me messages all the time saying that you like me."
"Umm what you used to say?.. ahh remembered, "Jaehyun Oppa I like you so much please reply to me" with a begging emoticon."
And he started laughing at me.

I was feeling like throwing the wine at his face. But I control myself as didn't want to make a scene here. He could see anger on my face.

He again opens his garbage mouth and said "Ohh I'm sorry I didn't intend to make fun of you but I just can't stop laughing remembering those massages." And he started laughing at me again.

I swear I would have smacked his face. If I was in some other place not here at the party.

I stood up from the table grabbing my purse and said, "I need to go I don't think it's good for you if remain sitting here for even a min."

As I was moving Jaehyun grabbed my wrist to stop me, "aah I'm sorry, I'm sorry... I was just joking please sit down."

Because he apologized to me, I thought it works, I sat again in front of him.

Jeahyun said with a srimk "Come on, don't be angry about such little things after all things have changed now. I came here not just to talk to you but to give you my number." This cheapskate said as if I was dying for his number.

"Whatt???", I replied with a big giant question mark on my face.

"Sorry but I don't want your number."

Hearing me his smile faded and his expression became ardent.

"Okay then give me yours". He said While moving his chair closer to me.

I replied with an annoying expression, "Why should I?, I have no interest in you anymore.

"Don't you use to like me?" He said while coming more close to me.

I could smell the cigarette smell from his mouth.

Jaehyun turned his head to the side while giving a cunning laugh, he looks at me again and said, "For your kind information I have screenshots of your messages with me. Do you want me to post them online?"
"Should I ruin your career at beginning of it? People should know their place, especially people like you." He exclaimed a Dirty look on his face.

He was threatening me and I had it enough. But I wasn't the same I use to be back then. After my anxiety problem, people use to scare me. And he identically did the same. But I wanted to SmackDown his face and I pulled my nervous hands

Out of nowhere, someone grabbed my hand announcing my manager is looking for me. I regarded up at his face and I was not amazed. The simplest unexpected factor becomes that he grabbed my wrist. I don't know why he came to call me, but at that moment I was ready to depart everything at the back of and go with him because his fascinating face becomes so appealing to me. Additionally, I wanted to leave that table eagerly. So I got up from my chair and followed his lead.

I kept walking with my hand in his hand

I kept walking with my hand in his hand. My heartbeat started racing. My heartbeat started matching the rhythm of our footsteps, 'thump - thump, thump - thump'.The excitement brought me out in a nervous rash.