chapter 2

A/n updates maybe slow and/or sparatic depending on my schedule and mental state, sorry in advance😅
Also sorry about the song but it was what came to mind for the lullaby for the twins

As the sun began to rise and her sibling awoke Selena could feel herself begin to slip into unconsciousness. "Good morning Selena." Phoenix greets her as she serves him and Aurora,whose hair now looked more bright and vibrant in the morning light, breakfast. "Good morning, I'm gonna head to bed," Selena replies, her exhaustion clear in her voice. SNAP, Aurora and Phoenix turned to the sound as they grabbed their weapons. "Please stand down, we do not mean you harm we just want to talk" a voice Selena recognised as Merlin says. "Wow, you guys got big, I remember when you guys were half this size!" a voice Selena thought she recognised from long ago but couldn't place exclaimed, "Who the hell are you and what are you talking about?" Phoenix said as he gave them a look that could give even the Demon King himself a heart attack. "Aw come on firelight, sunshine. You don't remember me?" the man said in a fake sad tone. "We used to have so much fun, sparring and learning magic. Where's Selena? Is she ok?" he said, looking around the clearing. Selena got up out of the caravan and approached the man. "I'm right here, how do you know us?" Selena said knowing she probably looked like she got hit by a boulder but was too tired to bring herself to care. "How about we head back to the tavern and get you three some food and supplies and we can talk later." Merlin suggested. "Selena you should sleep, you look terrible." Selena rolled her eyes at Merlin, "I planned on it before you guys showed up, and it's good to know I look as bad as I feel." she replied with a smirk. Selena went into the caravan to get some sleep until they got to the tavern.

A few hours later Selena was awoken by the sounds of people talking near her. "... how do you two expect to be able to find a cure for her? If they couldn't find a cure..." Merlin's voice was almost ... sad? Angry? She couldn't place it at the moment. "We know, our parents spent years trying to save her, they were so close but..." Aurora said, almost in tears. "But they couldn't, no matter what they tried or whom they talked to, the curse stayed." Phoenix said, dejected. Selena was still tired as all hell, and felt as though she had been dragged through purgatory and back, but her nightmares were back again and she sure didn't want to go back to sleep and risk seeing that...thing...again. Selena shifted and finally sat up, as she put her hand to her head she was tackled in a hug. "Selena! You're awake, aren't you tired?" that voice, the voice of her best friend, Princess Elizabeth of Liones. She felt herself begin to cry as she felt relief and love wash over her, "Lizzie, what the... why are you here? I thought you were in Liones!" Selena exclaimed as she hugged her friend as tightly as she could manage. "I'll explain later, but for now shouldn't you be asleep?" Elizabeth said as she attempted to smooth Selena's hair down as she laid her head down in her lap. "I don't want to see that...thing again, and I'm out of that stuff that keeps the curse at bay, so every time I sleep it's a nightmare." Selena said sleepily as she tried to stop herself from purring as Elizabeth stroked her hair, but failed. Elizabeth looked over to Merlin, worry and fear clearly in her eyes. "Merlin, could you make her more of that potion she takes?" she asked quietly.

Merlin looked between the two girls, one of which she had helped raise when she could, Elizabeth doing everything she could to calm her friend and Selena trying her best to resist Elizabeth's attempts to get her to sleep. Aurora and Phoenix looked as though their hearts were being torn out of their chests just from seeing the pain their sister must be going through. "I can, I just need to know what it was. Phoenix, Aurora, do either of you have the recipe for it?" Merlin asked as she walked over to Selena and Elizabeth. "Yes, I'll go get it, it's in the caravan. Rora, stay here and make sure Selena doesn't have another episode." Phoenix said as he left the room. Elizabeth held Selena while Aurora sang her the lullaby their parents made for them. Aurora closed her eyes and began to sing, "Now it is time to forget your burdens and fears. Let go of the things weighing you down. Instead look towards the sky, that's where I'll be. Sun and moon.., weep not little ones for I am here, your worries become another wave, in the sea, So wash away, and close your eyes, and sleep.. Precious ones, So small.. Soooo sweet, straight from, the brightest star. What a miracle, you truly are. I am blessed that you're here." Aurora opened her eyes and was relieved to see her twin asleep and peaceful for the time being.

Elizabeth looked up at Merlin. "Is there a way to let her have a peaceful sleep for today? Or at least until you can make her more of her potion?" she asked. Merlin gave a small nod and sat down next to Selena and Elizabeth. "I can use my magic to keep the curse dormant for today. But it won't be as effective as her medicine." Merlin cast the spell and Selena noticeably calmed. As the day dragged on Merlin gets what she needs for the potion and the others do what they can to keep the siblings calm and Selena asleep and relatively nightmare free. As the sun began to set Aurora's eyes and hair began to dull, and the others noticed that even though she acted like herself Aurora was getting weaker the closer night came, and the closer dusk came the stronger Selena seemed to get. Her hair began to look as though it had stars in it, and she seemed to be waking up. Though they couldn't see it, they suspected her eyes were getting the same effect as her hair did. Aurora looked as though she was about to pass out on her feet, "Maybe you should head to bed" Phoenix said as he sat down at the table closest to his youngest sister. "Both of you should get some sleep, you've had a long day." Selena said, the remnants of sleep still in her eyes and voice. "SISTER! Are you feeling better?" Elizabeth said as she flung herself at her friend, nearly knocking them both to the floor. "GAH, yes. I'm fine but you guys should sleep and I can keep watch to make sure we're safe." Elizabeth let go of her. "It's alright, Meliodas and the others can protect us, you should relax tonight, after all you've been through so much." As Elizabeth let her go Selena could see that there were five others she didn't recognize but before she could ask their names the man with blonde hair came over.

"Wow, you look so much like Azzie. The both of you have so much of her." the man Selena now recognized as Meliodas said, almost sounding sad when speaking of their mother, Azura. Memories flooded her mind as Selena remembered her mother and her father, Desmos, or Flint as his friends knew him, they would play, sing and spar. Their mother was the royal sorceress of Lumina, so she taught her daughters and son all she could of magic and the world beyond their home. She told them of the seven deadly sins and the feats and deeds they had done, the ten commandments and how they would one day return, but the siblings' favorite stories were of their parent's adventures around all of Britannia and beyond. Selena remembered the last thing their parents had said to them, "We love you our little miracles, we will be back in just a few days." her mother said as she and her husband got their supplies. "But mommy we don't want you to go, what if you don't come back?" Selena said as she buried her head in her mother's shoulder. "Tell you what, I'll tell you three something that my mother used to tell me and your aunt, look up at the stars and when you feel alone remember that our love for you is greater than the stars in the night sky and the glow of the moon itself." Selena and her siblings never saw them after that day, they didn't know what happened to them but from what they were told their parents were gone. Even now Selena wondered why their parents had gone on that trip. "...ttle nightingale? You ok? You zoned out on us and- are you crying?" Meliodas's voice brought Selena out of her memories.

Selena brought a hand to her face and realized she had begun to cry, as she rubbed the tears from her eyes Selena looked at Meliodas, trying to calm his fears she took a breath. "I'm fine, just thinking is all." Selena then realized she was being stared at by a boy with pink hair, glasses and wearing an expression she knew well, skepticism. But for now the others worry seemed to be alleviated for the time being, she would check on the pink haired boy later. "We wanted to introduce you to everyone earlier but you were asleep, so here we go, you already know me and Merlin, but this is everybody else, Diane the serpent sin, King the grizzly sin, Escanor the lion sin, Ban the fox sin, and Gowther the goat sin." Meliodas pointed to each in turn so Selena could hopefully remember later. Selena bowed her head slightly in response, not feeling up to being around so many people for so long she slipped outside and began to practice with Selene, her bow, as well as her magic.

A/n Zeldris and the others will be in the later chapters but you just gotta be patient, this is just starting out😁