chapter 3

Feel free to play the song above once you get to it, or just whenever😁

As Selena had been practicing for about an hour until she heard a cough below her. She looked to see who it was, it was Gowther. "What do you want, Gowther, I'm busy." Selena said as she began to climb down from the roof. "I could tell you were lying earlier and was wondering why, after all you only have family and friends here, why not trust us?" Gowther replied, his head tilted to the side and his expression sad and confused. Selena looked up at the stars attempting to steady her voice. "You wouldn't understand Gowther, you wouldn't understand at all." Gowther attempted to get Selena to look at him but her hair had fallen into her face and he guessed she didn't want physical contact at the moment. "I want to understand, maybe we can talk about it another time, but for now are you feeling up to stargazing?" Gowther said as he attempted to coax Selena back onto the roof. Selena followed him up onto the topmost part of the roof. As the night went on Selena and Gowther began to relax with each other, until they heard a boom, coming from Merlin's lab. The two jumped off of the roof and towards the lab. "Merlin! What happened? Are you ok?" Selena asked as she helped Merlin back to her feet. "I'm fine you two, just trying to finish the potion but I got sloppy." Merlin looked over at the two people who had walked in.

After a bit of Merlin trying to get Selena and Gowther to leave she realized Selena wouldn't leave as long as she suspected Merlin was doing something that could harm her, and Gowther wouldn't leave without Selena. So for the time being she had company. Selena stayed as close to Merlin as she was permitted by the sorceress and looked over occasionally as she and Gowther kept each other occupied through songs and games that Selena taught to Gowther as they didn't have much else to do. When the sun rose three were almost surprised that the night had gone by so quickly. As Merlin looked over to where Selena sat on one of the windows she noticed that despite Selena looking absolutely exhausted she appeared to be fighting to stay awake or even to sit up on her own. Merlin grabbed the potion she had made for Selena and turned to Gowther, handing the potion to him she quietly said "Please carry her to her room and then have her take this, it will let her sleep peacefully." Gowther looked down at the potion then back at Merlin and nodded at her. Selena tried to push Gowther away as he attempted to pick her up and walk on her own but her body refused to obey her commands, and Gowther was able to very easily carry her to her room while Merlin stayed downstairs with the others. When Gowther and Selena got to her room she thanked him, took the potion from his hand, and before going to sleep she gave him a kiss on the cheek as thanks for helping her.

Selena found herself in the dreamworld once again, but something felt off, not dangerous exactly but something that shouldn't be there. She tried to shrug it off until she saw a figure in the distance, at first she thought it was Meliodas but as she got closer she saw it was someone who only looked like him from afar. Selena got curious and got closer and closer until she could see him clearly. It was a man that looked a bit like Meliodas, 'A brother? He never mentioned one.' Selena thought to herself as she inched closer. He looked about the same height as her, his eyes a few shades darker than her own deep purple ones, and his hair was as black as an abyss, and he wore a red outfit with white insignia in several places. He was looking up at the moon and stars in the sky. Selena was about to move on and leave the man to himself but a voice stopped her in her tracks. "Hey, who are you?" Selena looked back at the spot where the man stood but he wasn't there. She turned around and involuntarily jumped back letting out a small cry of surprise. The man was now just feet in front of her and looking at her with curiosity and something she didn't recognize. She expected him to be angry, annoyed, anything else but curious. She walked up to him carefully and bowed slightly as a sign of respect, "I'm so sorry to disturb you I didn't mean to, My name is Selena." Selena said as she was trying to avoid looking at his handsome purple eyes out of a combination of shyness and embarrassment. "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl, My name is Zeldris." Zeldris responded. Selena's hair fell into her face as she began to speak. "That's a nice name, but isn't it the name of one of the ten commandments?" she said the last part quietly, hoping that Zeldris wouldn't hear her. "Yes, I'm the commandment of piety, leader of the ten commandments. But I guess you already knew that." Zeldris said with a smirk. Selena felt her blood run cold. "If you're the real Zeldris, why haven't you killed me?" Selena asked, her one visible eye filling with tears, from fear or her just being at the end of her rope she didn't know. Zeldris took a hesitant step towards her and attempted to calm her fears. "I can't hurt you here, it's your dream after all. Even if I wanted to hurt you I wouldn't be able to." Selena felt herself let out the breath she didn't realize she had been holding. After a while of talking Selena felt herself begin to wake up. She bid Zeldris farewell and he did as well, "I hope we get to meet again in the waking world." he said, bowing his head to her slightly.