75.- It's Just You And Me

Y/N's P.O.V:

A piano at the corner of the room started playing itself, the noise ringing across the woods. Magic never ceased to amaze me. Charlie stood behind me, tightly gripping her father's arm, once again looking on the verge of tears. I'd have to be on standby with a tissue box for her, we didn't want her to turn up with tear stained cheeks in all of her wedding photos.

Charlie's mum walked out of the foyer first, her dress fluttering behind her. She was supposed to leave first to cover the path with red roses since they couldn't get a flower girl with such short notice. I counted to ten like I was supposed to and then quickly turned to Charlie who was jumping out of joy next to her father. "See you at the altar" She mouthed a thank you and I walked out as well, throwing some bright green leaves as well. Why did Charlie want green leaves as well as rose petals? I have no clue. But it was her wedding day so I let it slide.

Everyone started muttering as I walked by, but their voices were so quiet I couldn't make out what they were saying. Maybe they were admiring the dress. Or also questioning the green leaves. Or they could even be critiquing my appearance. That is exactly why I didn't like being the centre of attention, you never knew what people actually thought of you and that little nagging voice at the back of my mind would have a field day coming up with at least two hundred different ideas of what they were muttering about. Most of them making me anxious. I tried not to show my nervousness and keep a smile on my face, I thought I was doing a good job until I neared the end of the rows, where Oliver was sitting. Maybe it was the fact that he had known me for a while, or that we lived together, or that he read me like an open book. I could even attribute it to the fact that maybe I was making it extremely obvious. But, in that moment he flashed me a smile and a thumbs up, mouthing something I was finally able to make out. 'You got this' That seemed to calm my inner annoying voice and allowed me to finally focus on the wedding and not entirely on what everyone else was whispering.

At the end of the make shift isle, Harper stood bouncing on her heels as much as Charlie was before I came out, her bridesmaids in a single file behind her. Her dress looked absolutely stunning, with a VERY similar complexion to Charlie's but with some over the shoulder long sleeves and lots of wiggling vines around it. It felt like a fever dream if you stared at them long enough. As I finished walking down the isle and stood on my respective spot, Harper smiled at me widely, her hair flying around with the light breeze, thought it didn't seem messy at all.

Suddenly the piano switched the song to the typical one they play at weddings when they walk down the isle and everyone stood up (A/N: I totally blanked at the name of that song 😂 But y'know what I mean 🤣) the bridesmaids on the other side standing a little straighter. Charlie walked out of the foyer arm in arm with her father, a perfectly placed breeze rushing past them. If I wasn't at a wizard wedding I would've been extremely surprised. I quickly glanced at Harper opposite of my position, she looked like she was about to burst with happiness and tears simultaneously after seeing Charlie with her huge smile on the isle. The whispers got louder and louder, but luckily still didn't drown the piano at the back. But I did manage to catch a few phrases like 'she looks gorgeous' 'the dress must've cost a fortune' 'they'll make such an amazing couple'. Right before reaching the end they both stopped and hugged each other, Charlie's father whispering something in her ear that made her eyes brim with tears again. He let go of her and helped her up to the podium with a bit of Harper's help, both of them smiling at each other. (A/N: I don't pay attention at actual weddings so I'm sorry to inform I won't write the entire ceremony 🤣 My attention span was not made for weddings 😎)

The ceremony went flawlessly, if you skipped the part were Charlie burst into tears mid way through her vows and Harper didn't even last a minute before crying alongside Charlie. I was forced to step in with a tissue to help both brides out. But it overall went great. Once they finished kissing to seal the deal they ran full speed back the isle laughing like maniacs, they seemed happy. Charlie's mum took the podium and started explaining something about the venue as Harper's bridesmaids came up to me. "C'mon picture time" I nodded at them and discreetly waved over at Oliver, with him nodding back to acknowledge my leave. (A/N: Fun fact about weddings with me: my brother got married on my birthday and never congratulated me on that day🤪)