28.- Heartbroken

Y/N's P.O.V:

Christmas break was over, and luckily Oliver still hadn't found out about the make out session with Flint, but in my defence I was protecting Harry and Ron. Either way eventually I had to tell him, but who knows when eventually was.

And somehow we made it to Valentine's Day, the worst day of the year. The great hall was decorated in pink and red hearts all over, I gagged as I walked along side Katie. She chuckled. "Not a fan of Valentine's Day?" I shook my head. "Never had a reason to celebrate, still don't" We went to the Gryffindor table and sat side by side, Oliver on my other side. "Happy Valentine's Day everyone!" I turned to look at Lockhart and his pink robes, they were truly annoying, he was truly annoying. "And thank you to all the fan mail I've received" Giggles arose from the hall, I rolled my eyes. "Now as a celebration for being your professor I have hired tiny friends to deliver poems" I gagged as dwarves walked in with white wings and pink bows. "Happy Valentine's Day" I groaned and everyone started to run outside. I heard footsteps behind me. "Happy Valentine's Day L/N" Oliver's face contorted into anger. "Flint" He leaned against the table blocking my view from everything else. "How about we sneak of like last time L/N?" I clenched my jaw, I could feel Oliver's eyes on me. "How about you leave?" He leaned closer to me. "She said to leave Flint" Flint glared at Oliver. "I'm not talking to you Wood" Oliver stood up abruptly. "Leave Flint" He sneered and left as Oliver sat back down. "What did he mean by last time L/N?" I took a deep breath. "Jealous Wood?" His ears turned pink, I leaned closer so only he could hear. "I'll tell you later" He looked at me and nodded. "I'm gonna go practice quidditch" We all nodded and he left. "Your soulmate isn't a fan of Valentine's Day either L/N" I rolled my eyes, and grabbed my pumpkin juice, I loved the smell of pumpkin juice, but this time it smelt different, like wet dog. "Angelina?" She looked up from her plate at me. "Yes?" I handed her the pumpkin juice. "What does it smell like to you?" She smelled the pumpkin juice. "Firework powder? That's a weird smell for a juice" I grabbed the juice back. "That's because it's not only pumpkin juice" I walked to the Slytherin table with the pumpkin juice. I went to Flint and his friends. "Oi Fling!" he turned to me smirking. "Change your mind L/N?" I smirked and poured the contents of the pumpkin juice on his head, the entire Slytherin table started laughing, while Flint glared at me. "Enjoy your love potion" All the hall erupted in cheer and laughter, with a few wolf whistles while I walked back to the Gryffindor table.

I went to class normally, but before I could reach History of Magic a dwarf caught up to me. "Are you Y/N L/N?" I nodded and he sighed opening his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "Don't bother, not interested in the poem, just go to whoever is next on your list" I walked away but he grabbed my wrist. "Can't let ya leave without hearing it" I rolled my eyes and sighed crossing my arms.
"Eyes as pretty as the stars
Cheeks as pink as flowers
I know you're a little odd
But you make my heart flutter"
Giggles arose from the halls as the dwarf finished. "You done?" He nodded and left, everyone was surrounding me. "Anyone care to claim the poem or can I leave to my class?" No one stepped forward so I just walked to my class.

Before lunch I had received three more dwarves, all of them unclaimed. I groaned as I placed my head on the edge of the table. "You okay L/N?" I didn't even need to look up to recognize that accent, Oliver's accent. "No" He intertwined our fingers under the table. "Was it related to what Flint said earlier?" I shook my head still resting it on the table. "I received 4 dwarves in just a few hours, why can't people give it a rest?" He sighed rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. "I feel you, I got three of them, it was a bit annoying" I finally lifted my head. "And worst of all, no one wants to claim them!" He sighed. "There I can't help you, mine have all been claimed" I groaned and rested my head against the table again, he patted my back. I sat up and Oliver chuckled beside me. "What?" He pointed at my forehead, I could just assume that the edge of the table had left a mark. "Don't even" He raised his hands in surrender and grabbed a sandwich, I grabbed the pumpkin juice, smelling it again, it smelled like wet dog, I groaned. "What?" I handed him the pumpkin juice. "What do you smell?" He smelled it. "Pumpkin pasties, why?" I blushed a bit, Percy was right with the amorentia thing. "It's amorentia" He blushed as well, I sighed and stood up raising the pumpkin juice. "Who's amorentia is this?!" I yelled, the hall went silent, eyed farting everywhere. I sighed and sat down again. "That's enough c'mon" Oliver grabbed my wrist and guided me out of the great hall. "Where are you taking me?" He kept darting through the halls. "Away from Valentine's Day" I sighed happily. "My saviour" He looked and smiled at me, nearly crashing into a dwarf. Luckily I grabbed his other free hand just in time and pulled him away from the dwarf, but that cause him to crash onto my chest, making me fall back, but he caught me by the waist. We both blushed at our proximity. "Are you Oliver Wood?" The dwarf had to interrupt, we pulled away from each other as he sighed. "Yeah" The dwarf shifted. "I have a-" He sighed massaging the bridge of his nose. "Just it over with" The dwarf nodded and cleared his throat.
"A good flyer
It is no doubt
Will you come meet me at the start
Where our love begun.
By Jade Wentworth" The dwarf grumbled and left. "Hufflepuff, fifth year" He looked at me with an impressed look. "You dated her too?" He chuckled and draped an arm around my shoulders. "Nope, saved her when she fell off her broom during a game" I nodded. "Should I be worried?" He smirked and kissed my temple. "Not at all" I smirked as well. "Should I be worried about Fling?" I sighed. "Not one bit".