37.- Boggarts & Apologies

(A/N: Fancy symbol in the title huh? 😂)

Y/N's P.O.V:

One week, one whole week without Oliver talking to me. I still sat at the Gryffindor table, and he sometimes laughed at my sassy comments. But aside from good morning's and good night's we didn't really talk. So I just walked alone to DADA, were I shared class with the entire year, no matter the house.

We were all huddled in a group, the Slytherins a little bit further. "Good morning class" I turned to Professor Lupin, he was casually leaning against his desk, next to a moving cabinet. "Good morning Professor Lupin" We had already taken a few classes with him, honestly he was the best professor we have had in the entirety of my years. He always knew how to keep us alert. "Today we were lucky enough to have found a boggart in school grounds. Now I have already done this exercise with third years, and now it is your turn. For your NEWT's you will need to prepare for everything. Even a boggart" Some girls clung to each other's arms, others groaned. Me? My blood just ran cold, I would've been considered a cold blooded animal. "Now, who would like to go first?" Most of the girls ran to the back of the group, others just shook their heads. And a bunch of boys shot their hands up, wanting to impress the girls cowering behind them. I found that very stereotypical, so to break the stereotype (even if it terrified me) I raised my hand as well. Lupin smirked. "Miss L/N will you come up" I nodded as some groaned, Oliver just smiled at me. "The rest girl a line" They all did as they were told, forming a line right behind me. "Now miss L/N. Do you know the spell to defeat boggarts?" I nodded. "But really the only way to defeat a boggart is by laughter, which si hard considering they're the visual representation of your worst fear" He nodded smiling. "Excellent. 10 points to Ravenclaw" I smiled and heard a cough behind me. "Nerd" My smiled dropped and my expression turned to a glare, as everyone behind me started laughing. "Settle down class, settle down" I turned my attention back to the front as a slight punching sound was heard behind me, but no one seemed to acknowledge it. "The spell is Riddikulus. Say it with me c'mon" "Riddikulus" The class chorused together, he smiled. "Now as L/N said, the only true way to defeat a boggart is by laughter. Miss L/N if you please" I nodded and walked up to him. "Now. What are you most afraid of?" I thought for a second. I could think of two: my dad and being alone. But I wouldn't admit it out loud so I just shook my head. "I'm not entirely sure" He nodded. "Well when it comes free, think of something that makes you laugh. Deal?" I nodded and raised my wand towards the wardrobe. "Ready?" I nodded and he opened the wardrobe.

Everyone gasped as a weird figure walked out, it's skin bubbling. It was y'all with black and brown hair, a face clearly visible, and half of him was shorter than the other side. "What is that?" I shook my head as the figure twitched back. "I don't know" Professor Lupin walked next to me. "Focus on one fear at a time Y/N" He whispered into my ear I nodded and closed my eyes, focusing on my dad. I rather face him than all the 7th years discovering I was scared of being alone. When I opened my eyes the boggart turned into my dad with a knife in his hand, covered in blood. It sent a shiver down my spine. "Your mother is dead because of you" His voice was raspy as my hands started shaking. "You failed her. YOU'RE A FAILURE" The scream sounded exactly like the one I heard when the dementor attacked me, everything made sense in my head. I slowly opened my eyes to face my father, he was walking towards me so I pointed my wand at him with a new determination, my hand stopped shaking. The boggart dad look frightened "Riddi-" Before I could finish talking the boggart shifted, turning into Oliver.

I had no clue I was afraid of Oliver, but my gears in my mind started working and found the hidden meaning behind the boggart. Since we were on a break it meant I was alone, and that was my fear. "No wonder I broke up with you. You can't even get rid of an easy boggart" Giggles came from behind me but I was focused on boggart Oliver in front of me, tears brimming my eyes. "You've read about them L/N, but you still can't get rid of them. Because you're still that girl that hid in the shadows because she was too scared to-" I didn't let boggart Oliver finish as I visualized confetti and glared at the boggart. "RIDDIKULUS" And with that he burst into a ball of confetti, littering the floor. (A/N: Such a tense moment but I had to reference my favourite album so far this year 😅) Behind me laughter arose as I stepped out of the line. "Excellent. Who's next?"