Gone Too Far

I walked into the kitchen and tried, keyword tried, to walk straight up to my room. I was so done with human interaction tonight. But of course it was just my luck that the moment I was about to round the corner to the stairs dad walked in and called my name I tried to ignore him and keep walking but that simply wasn't an option so again he said firmly 'Natalie'

I turned on my heels and walked back to the dining room where the rest of my family was sitting with the table fully set and casserole prepared for dinner. Great, we are already getting pity casseroles. 'What' I simply stated and apparently my mom didn't like my tone because she gave me the eye and simply said 'Sit' Crap there's no getting out of this.

I sat in my designated spot on the left side of the table next to Jonathan. It's always been this way. Jon just stared at me to ask with his eyes if I was ok. I just glared at him. Now he cares. He was being a dick all day and now he cares. Deep down inside I know he does but today that knowledge got pushed deep deep down inside to the point it didn't even register.

As I sat at the table everyone started serving and eating and I just sat there. I was not in the mood. I was completely zoned out in my own mind until dad told me not harsh but in a tone that said I had no other choice 'Eat'

I looked down at my plate and sure enough I had a serving of whatever casserole we were given and a scoop of green beans. Clearly moms doing. I just sighed and reluctantly gave in. The sooner I ate the sooner I could leave.

I finished my plate in record time and put it in the sink and went to my room. I looked through my bag thinking about what dad had said. I do have to pick something out for tomorrow. After much consideration I picked out a short dress with a bow in the back that was black, of course.

After I had that chosen and ready I looked at the click. 8:00, perfect just enough time to shower and get ready for bed. I was gathering the things I needed when someone knocked on my door. Dad.

'Hey Nat mom sent me to tell you to get ready to shower then bed.' He said kindly

'I know' i snapped 'What does it look like i'm doing' he started at me anger in his eyes...opps

'Ok Nat I get that you are upset, i really do, however, you have never ever acted like this in your entire life and im am over it. I was giving you some slack but you will not be rude to me or your mother anymore got it?' he asked

'Yup' I said, popping the p as I grabbed my things to shower and walked out the door past him.

After my much needed alone time in the shower I had gathered my thoughts and calmed down enough to get ready and go to bed without incident. Although I wasn't ready for the day to come I let my eyes shut and fell to sleep.