Betrayed

''I told you it was a bad idea' I groaned out

'What happened, are you guys ok?' Dad asked as the boys were climbing out of the mess and off of me. Thank God, they were heavy.

'Yes I'm good. Jordan, Nat?' Jon started asking if we were ok.

'Yea...yea im good' Jordan said stunned

After I did not respond right away dad said 'Natalie are you ok' I think I was in shock. I couldn't talk or move...yea i was definitely in shock. Shake out of it Kent.

'Yea im good just a little stuck'

'Right' dad said with urgency and made his way to me. He picked me up with ease and examined my face in his hands before he sat on my feet. However when he put me down and my full body weight was restored back to my feet I felt a shooting pain in my right foot and instantly bucked under my weight. Yep, that's not good. 'Nat' dad yelled as he once again made his way back to me. 'What happened. What hurts'

'Nothing it think i just sprained my ankle. its fine" I said trying to get back up and once again collapsing under my own body weight

'Yea its fine' Jon said rolling his eyes

'Shut up' I retorted

'Alright come on, let's get you in the house' dad said, reaching down to pick me up. That was not going to fly with me. I'm not two.

'No I got it, I can walk.' I stated

'Oh yea' dad asked not believing me at all

'Yeah' I said confidently and started to stand up again. However, not surprising anyone I collapsed again but this time dad was right there and scooped me up into his strong grasp. 'Ok great. point taken put me down ill hop'

'No its fine Nat I got you' dad said

'No i'll walk' I said trying to get out of his grasp before we exited the barn and entered into the crowd of people. When he ignored me I started pushing against him to no avail. I swear this man has super strength. 'Dad! Seriously put me down!' I exclaimed as a last attempt.

'Natalie stop! I'm not going to make you hobble back to the house when I can carry you. What's the big deal?' He asked cluelessly. I just simply sighed and relaxed in his arms as we made our way out of the barn and into the stares of all the guests at the funeral.

Just as we were making our way into the living room the ambulance, that my mom undoubtedly called, pulled in.

Meanwhile mom ran up to us and looked us over head to toe to make sure we weren't hurt, and dad simply said 'They all seem fine except Nat did something to her ankle'

'Are you sure' mom asked disbelievingly

'Yeah it seems that way'

Just then two paramedics walked in and made their way over to start examining us. Dad was sitting in between me and Jordan and Jon was on the other side of him. Jordan gave them the gist of what happened as well as our parents considering they hadn't heard the story yet either, and for the most part I was listening to him talk ignoring the hands touching me and the light being shined in my eyes until the man made his way to my ankle.

'Ow!' I said shocked jumping and clenching my fits. Dad instinctively reached across my body to hold me still.

'Ok so does it hurt when I press here' the paramedic asked pressing against a lump that had formed on my ankle

'Mhhm' I said, closing my eyes as tight as I could in an attempt to hold it together.

He then stood up and took a few steps back to stand next to the other man who had examined my brothers, and said 'As far as we can tell three of them have minor concussions and Natalie sprained her ankle pretty good but other than that they look good. Really good considering what happened.' As those words came out of his mouth our parents looked at each other and sighed in relief.