[11] STARRY NIGHT

real life!

real life!

Isa and Sapnap sat laying on his bed with Sapnap laying with his back against the headboard and Isa laying by his side with her head on his chest. The two were engrossed in Isa's tiktok fyp, watching and laughing together, occasionally Isa would panic when they scrolled onto an edit of the boy they were currently laying on, but the boy seemed to appreciate the ego boost. The two peaceful sat together, and that all came crashing down when they heard Dream yell for them.

"Guys the food is here!" he shouted from the kitchen. The two groaned at the idea of getting up from their comfortable position but Isa couldn't ignore the fact that she was quite hungry. Isa got up first and waited for Sapnap to follow suit and they both made their way towards the kitchen.

When they made it to the large kitchen the food was on the marble table and Clay was already seated and on his phone. He looked up at the noise of his two friends coming into the room, and when he saw that they were together he wiggled his eyebrows at Sapnap which earned him a glare from said boy. Isa was unaware of the shenanigans of their two friend as they were busy digging through the food that Clay had ordered and seeing he got them burgers from a local fast food restaurant.

"Which one is mine?" She asked, getting the attention of the two boys that were in their own world of glares and smirks.

"Oh the one with no tomato's" Clay responded giving the girl a small smile. The girl gave him a large smile back. He really was the sweetest friend she could ask for.

"Thank you for remembering" She said pulling out the wrapped burger that was labeled NO TOMATO. The two boys mimicked the girl and pulled out their burgers and the three sat around the clean counter, talking about everything and nothing, laughs were consistent in their conversation. That was until they started to get into a more personal conversation.

"So Bel, you've been talking to Corpse a lot recently." He stated in a teasing tone. The girl didn't think anything of it initially but Sapnap seemed to know exactly where this conversation was going the way his body tensed at the words.

"Yeah he's cool i'm surprised we weren't hanging out more before." She responds nonchalantly eating away at the fries in front of her. The room shifted from laughs to silent munching, Sapnap not making a sound, and instead letting Dream control the conversation.

"So like do you like him?" Clay asked after a pregnant pause.

The girl furrowed her eyebrows at the question and looked up at Clay who was already staring at her expectantly.

"As a friend" She responded slowly trying not to make eye contact with Sapnap.

"Well is there someone you like?" He asked quickly after making the girls eye widen and wince. This is the worst possible situation she could be in right now.

"I don't know" They responded turning their attention back onto the scraps on her plate.

"What do you mean you do-" Clay started before getting interrupted by the sound of a loud chair screech across the floor.

"I'm tired, i'm going to head to bed" Sapnap said quickly grabbing his food off the counter and throwing it away as he made his way back to his room.

The two remaining friends were now sitting in complete awkward silence, before Bel decided to break it with maybe something she would regret saying later.

"Sapnap" was the one word she could get out before the regret already started feeling regret.

"Sapnap?" the boy questioned not understanding her.

"I like Sapnap" she says not making eye contact.

"HOLY SHIT!" Clay shouted making the girls head shoot up quickly

"can you shut up he's going to hear you" the girl said staring daggers at the boy across from her.

"I knew you liked him I just didn't think you would ever tell me" Clay whispered excitedly.

"I'm going to bed please forget this ever happened" they say quickly moving at a rapid pace towards Sapnaps room and leaving the sound of Clays wheeze. How dare he make fun of their misfortune of falling for their best friend when he did the same thing.

When Bel opened the door she was expecting to see Sapnap laying in his bed but instead she was left with an empty room and an open window. She went to peak her head out the wind i and saw that there was an edge where she could walk onto the roof. She looked further up the roof and saw Sapnaps figure laying face up looking at the stars. With a sigh at the realization that she needed to climb up there she stepped out the window.

Sapnap didn't acknowledge Bel's presence until they laid next to Sapnap facing the stars.

"I come up here a lot, it reminds me of when we used to stargaze on your roof, it's not as du when it wasn't with you" Sapnap says looking at her when he finished talking. She was already looking at him and she was thankful it was dark because she could feel her face heating up.

"I missed you a lot, I wish woukd could just stay here forever" they say still looking at Sapnap who smiles at what she says.

The two sat on the roof a bit longer before Isa looked at her phone to check the time, and she saw it was midnight which meant;

"Happy birthday Sapnap"

The boy looked over at his best friend, the person he fell for, and he never wanted to kiss someone more. The moonlight shone on her face perfectly giving him enough light to see her lips and her shining eyes and the way her hair shone in the moon. He was so busy staring at her that he didn't even notice her leaning closer to his face until he felt her lips on his cheeks very close to the corner of his mouth.

"Come on lets go to bed, Clay said he has shit planned for your birthday tomorrow"