☦︎︎ a faint, hurtful memory

"Oh shit," you muttered to yourself. The moment you turned on your phone, a flood of worried messages and missed calls came rushing in, and for a moment, it looked like your phone was about to explode.

No doubt most of them were from Hina.

"Oh my god y/n! Are you okay? What happened last night? Where are you now? Are you safe?" Hina's questions came flooding in as soon as you got through her, and you felt bad for worrying your bestfriend.

"Hina, don't worry. I'm okay, and everything is fine. A...friend just dropped me off at home," you hesitated to mention Baji's name, and no matter how hard you convince yourself that you did it so Hina would stop with her questions, you fully knew that wasn't the real reason.

"A friend? Was it Mikey?" Hina asked, her voice was filled with curiosity.

"It's nothing. I'll just meet you at school on Monday okay? See you," you quickly ended the call before she could press on any further.

Get over it, he doesn't like you.

You sighed, the faint memory of a summer, yet slightly windy day began to replay in your mind.

Yes, oddly enough, you couldn't ever forget the time when you were head over heels over Baji.

The memory was still vividly clear, not a single detail was missed every time you went back to the day you confessed your feelings. For once, you were saying all the right words, you made sure not a single tangle was in your hair, and that your makeup was flawless. The faint beats of your heart against the white lace strap mini dress you so carefully chose for your confession...everything was going so well.

Sorry y/n, I just can't accept your feelings. Not right now. Maybe when I do, I'll go look for you.

Those words weren't supposed to be hurtful, but each word felt like a sharp stab on your stomach. Baji made sure to say it in his most gentle, soothing voice. It almost sounds pitiful. Like you were just a lost, desperate girl, desiring for something completely out of your reach.

After that day, Baji didn't even bother to see you, not even contacting you for weeks. Every time you hung out with Mikey and Draken, or visited Toman, Baji so cleverly made sure he was not to show up there.

The guy really hates me huh.

Every night, your mind would fill with such negative thoughts, all because of that one rejection.

And finally, when you finally sorted out your feelings, Baji sent you a text message.

Meet me at the park?

Ever since your confession, on that faint windy day, with hints of summer scents, Baji Keisuke has completely changed.

It was easier now, as Baji had changed so much you could barely recognize him. He would get into fights almost every week, and come back with a few bruises on his face, minor cuts on his arms and legs. Not to mention his one night stands with complete strangers, who were either too old or too young for him.

You no longer knew him anymore, and since he wasn't the old Baji, you found your feelings still lingering in the depths of your heart, but gradually slipping away.

Until last night was what you kept thinking about, yet you didn't want to admit it.

You don't want another rejection to happen to you. After all the time and effort for you to get over him, you don't want to waste it.

.   .   .

"There's y/n! Baji told us all about what happened," Mikey came over to me at school, during our break.

"Yeah, it was insane. You okay though? I would've beat the shit outta that punk if I were there," Draken lowered his head down so he was on level with me. He carefully scanned my body for any injuries, all the while he has a concerned expression on his face.

"Yes I'm fine, but I've really had enough of people worrying about me. C'mon, let's go to the cafeteria before they run out of cookies," you started heading downstairs, Mikey and Draken followed suit.

"We're having a Toman meeting today. To check up on the members, make sure everything's okay. You coming y/n?" Draken asked, after finding a seat in the crowded cafeteria.

"Sure! It's been awhile since I saw mitsuya and the others," you nodded, taking the last bite of your snack.

"Thank god you agreed to come. It's gonna be a drag if it's only me, Mikey and Mitsuya," Draken said, putting an arm around your shoulder.

"Huh? What about Baji? Doesn't he show up?" you said, wondering why on earth Baji would misss Toman meetings.

"Eh, he never really shows up anymore. And when he does, he'd be hours late. Honestly, what's gotten into him?" Draken sighed hoplessly.

Baji was ditching Toman meetings?

"You guys were sayin' about me?" Baji asked, coming up from behind you and Draken.

"Shit man! Why d'you come up from behind us? You scared the fuck outta me and y/n!" Draken yelled furiously. Baji just laughed menacingly.

"Sorry about that man. Teacher wants me to fetch y/n for a moment. Don't mind if I do," Baji says with a gleam in his eyes.

He quickly grabs my arm, shoving Draken off of me, practically dragging me to the school building.

"Baji, let go. I-It hurts," you muttered, feeling rather scared.

"Why are you so friendly with Draken now?" Baji asks, his eyes were filled with hatred, which made you even more confused.

"Huh? What are you even talking about? Draken and I are f-friends," you winced, as Baji's grip tightens.

"Friends? Don't give me that shit y/n. Whatever. Tell Draken I'll be there at the meeting today," Baji finally lets go, and as if he just regained self consciousness, he stares at your wounded wrist, which was starting to bruise.

"Shit, y/n I'm really sorry. I-I wasn't feeling myself just now. Are you okay? Come, I'll take you to the clinic," Baji offers.

"You've done enough. But you're the one you should be worrying about. You don't go forcing people to your half assed shit," you snapped, your anger was starting to take over your sensibility.

"What happened Baji? You've been a complete dick ever since we started hanging out again. This isn't the guy who I became friends with last year.... If there's nothing else, I'm gonna go. I'll make sure Draken gets your message," you said those final words before heading back to the table, not once did you look back to Baji's dark, soulless expression. Honestly, even he didn't know when it all started to go wrong.

".....you happened y/n. But why can't I bring myself to say it,"