Prologue "In the Past" | Part one

"Fuck"

I huff, starting at the ground wide-eyed.

"Well this is a new one," A voice says.

Looking up, I don't see anyone around.

"Um, ahem, I'm right here," The voice says again.

A black cat with glasses suddenly appears next to me, licking the back of its paw.

"What th- HOLY- HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS" I scream, scrambling backward on the floor, a stack of books falling on me from behind.

Shocked, I pull one of the books off my head, look at the cat with wide eyes, breathing hard.

The cat stands up on its back legs, holding a finger up, taking a deep breath, it opens its mouth, "I-"

"HOLY SHIT"

Sighing, the cat slumps. "I'll be back," It says, opening up its wings.

My eyes widen, watching the cat fly away.

Pausing for a second, I stare in front of me.

"WHAT THE FUCK"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look Archie, I don't have time for this Merlin has me-"

"Trust me," Archie says, flying in front of Douxie, putting his hands up, "You are going to want to see this"

Archie leads him to the room he found me in. Pushing open the door, Douxie freezes, seeing me.

A random person.

In weird clothes.

Standing in one of Merlin's workrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Slowly standing up, I walk around. The room's walls are lined with books.

Reaching up I pull a dark blue dusty book from the shelf. Blowing the dust off, a cloud of it rises into the air, all up in my face. Coughing, I wave it away.

Time Magic

Is written on the cover.

"Magic?" I say under my breath.

I hear a loud creak, causing me to jump and drop the book.

A boy walks in, with the cat flying next to him. I scramble into a small corner, on the other side of the room, giving the boy a death stare. He's skinny, tall, his dark hair tied up in a small ponytail.

"I- Umm, hello?" He says, leaning over to peer into the corner I have stuffed myself in. I glare at him. "Who are you exactly?" He asks,

"Why should I tell you, I don't know who you are," I push myself further back.

"Oh, uh, right, my name is Douxie, I'm Merlin's apprentice." He says awkwardly

"Who's Merlin?"

He pauses, staring at me oddly.

"You're not from here, are you?"

I push myself up and out of the corner, furrowing my eyebrows at him, "Well, I'm not exactly sure where 'here' is" I say,

"Camelot. You're in Camelot."

Pausing, I take a step towards him, "What.. year is it?"

"It's (Sometime in the 12 century),"

"I'm sorry, what?!"

"Its-"

"I think she heard you the first time," The cat says to Douxie,