Prologue

Authors note: recap!

{ Taken }

You flopped down on the bed, giddy and excited and a little sad. You hadn't said it back, it was just so sudden, but he seemed to understand. You had to tell him. Afterall you felt the same way. You were about to start getting ready for bed when the phone rang, you could hear Fran pick up the phone. After a few minutes Fran suddenly went silent and then a bang caused you to run to your door and throw it open meeting Hayner at the top of the stairs. You both stared at each other before running down the stairs, you both stopped halfway as you both spotted a huge dent in the wall and Fran was on the floor tears dripping down her cheeks, her eyes twitching. Hayner was the first to regain his composure and grab the phone from her.
"Hello?"
"Hayner?! Oh thank goodness. You and your sister are needed home now. We have put the Kingdom on lock down."
Hayner frowned and beckoned for you to come closer, he put the phone on speaker allowing you to hug Fran.
"Mum, slow down. {Name} is here too. Why is the Kingdom on lock down."
"{Name}, you both need to come back."
You were ready to start arguing but stopped, the next few words shattered your heart and you knew you were never coming back to Destiny Island.
"They came back. They took her. They took Marlene."

{ Goodbye }

You stared at your notebook, it was the last thing you needed to pack but you couldn't. You had no idea why, you were sat finishing the last of the book and you sighed. There was a knock at the door. You turned towards it and stared blankly at Fran.
"How is the packing going?" She asked, you gestured to the empty room around you. She nodded, "it'll be okay." She whispered before disappearing. You sighed and within that moment you realised that this was hard for her and Nyx too. They had spent the year here with you also, and they loved your friends just as much as you and Hayner do. You turned back around and closed the book, but you grabbed a spare piece of paper and an envelope and sat down on your bed, ready to write one last thing down.

Love