chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen - revelation

MOUNT JUSTICE
OCTOBER 1st — 18:13 EDT

"pe bune?" dick whispered under his breath. kaldur had gone for a punch but drastically aimed too low. even if their training sessions usually ended with dick winning, that was just evil. "how short do you think i am?"

"165 centimetres?" kaldur smirked, dodging a kick from dick. a dick kick. a non-dick dick kick kick.

"i'm a good 170, thank you very much."

"i'm 170 centimetres!" m'gann exclaimed, entering the room with connor. "and i'm taller than you, robin."

yeah, dick was lying.

dick punched kaldur in the face, immediately apologizing after. "perhaps the reason that i'm the best at training simulations is because i'm the shortest."

"yesterday you couldn't reach the top shelf and had to make kidflash grab you the candy up there!" captain marvel yelled out. him and zatara were watching them train; they were the 'den mothers' for the week. that position was not supposed to come with mocking dick's height.

"i could have gotten them easily." dick rolled his eyes, sweeping kaldur's leg and knocking him to the ground while he was unbalanced. "asking wally was simply sardonic."

failed: aqualad—b03

"i think-" dick stuck out his hand, helping to pull his taller friend up. "that everyone here is just freakishly tall."

apparently that comment was incredibly romantic, because connor and m'gann started giggling and flirting and overall making everyone else in the room uncomfortable immediately after he said it.

"i think they finally realized that they're dating eachother," dick said. it was funny, mostly because it was hypocritical. wally and him were dating for months before they were actually dating too.

"i'm happy for them," kaldur said to dick. "they complement eachother very well."

"if by 'complement' you mean stopping connor's rage issues and m'gann's whole thing with people-pleasing, then i agree with you."

kaldur had the tiniest, most bare smirk on his face at the comment, but it was enough to make dick cackle. "i wonder when they're planning on telling us."

dick glanced over at the opposite side of the room, where wally and artemis had just walked in. they were laughing about something, which was always nice to see. their friendship was a topsy-turny emotional rollercoaster, but ever since bialya they've had more laughs than fights.

okay, that's a lie. but now it was, like, at least 50/50.

"well it's just wally and artemis who don't know." dick shrugged. "they're... obtuse. too bad it isn't our place to tell them."

wally and artemis made their way over to where dick and kaldur were standing. "so, if zatara's our den mother, why's marvel still here?" wally muttered.

"literally!" artemis exclaimed. "like, wh-"

"and WHY is he eating my SNACKS!" wally said it very loudly, obviously hoping that captain marvel would hear that and stop. he didn't.

recognized: batman-01

bruce walked out of the zeta beam like he was on a mission. like a furry on their way to a convention. like a bat on the hunt. like a man who was pretending to be a bat on the prowl.