chapter seven

chapter seven - denial

WAYNE MANOR
AUGUST 14th — 16:07 EDT

dick coughed violently, pulling his blanket more over him. he had been horrifically sick for the past few days and it made him want to cry.

his entire body hurt. he wasn't sure it was possible for his skin to hurt like this, to hurt everywhere. he couldn't keep anything down, not even water.

yeah, try vomiting up water. absolutely disgusting.

dick just wanted to sleep it off, but it was hard to fall asleep when he kept switching temperatures every five minutes. besides, alfred had forced him to quarantine in a spare bedroom on the first floor.

not exactly the way that dick had planned to spend his and wally's six month anniversary.

16:13 | dick -> wally

dick: i. cant sleep and bruce n alfred are avoidjing me like the plague (ironic right)
dick: want to facetime???

dick sighed, letting his phone fall onto his chest. that took a lot of energy. he had taken every single other day for granted; this was fucking awful.

DING

the doorbell reverberated throughout the manor. dick closed his eyes, expecting alfred to get the door anytime now.

DING

"alfred?" dick called out, his voice hoarse. there came no reply. "cacat."

DING

dick pulled himself up, wrapping his blanket around him like a shawl. he stepped out of bed quickly, which was, in hindsight, an idiotic decision.

the entire room spun as nearly his entire vision went black. dick fell to his knees, holding his head. luckily, after half a minute of sitting, the spell had passed, and dick was able to stand up again.

he slowly—very slowly—made his way toward the front door. hopefully it wasn't some random person asking him to join their religion or else dick was about to slap a bitch. being sick shortened his temper tenfold.

dick opened the door, staring at the man on his doorstep.

"hi, dickie-"

"i'm ill," dick said, closing the door.

wally stopped it with his hand, overpowering dick's ill state in a heartbeat. the ginger barged in, holding a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a psychotic number of boxes of pop-tarts in the other.

dick's extravagant outfit caught wally's eye immediately. he had on socks that didn't match, christmas pyjama pants, an unzipped hoodie atop an oversized t-shirt that said, "it's jason-motherfucking-vorhees" and a fuzzy blanket overtop of everything, tied like a cape.

yeah, wally was basically in love.

"wally-"

"it's our six month anniversary!" wally walked past dick, grinning. "i'm not letting the flu get in the way of love!"