chapter eleven

chapter eleven - terrors
-> sorry for the seven month wait, im mentally ill and also Apparently bisexual

DOWNTOWN GOTHAM
SEPTEMBER 12th — 17:13 EST

getting into a hostage situation with a gang of bank robbers wasn't on dick's to-do list. after the whole scarecrow-fear-toxin situation, dick was supposed to be taking it easy. he barely even knew how he ended up blindfolded and tied up in a random gotham bank along with wally and about twenty scared citizens.

whoops!

"are you still there?" wally whispered.

dick almost laughed, but figured that the four-or-so men pointing guns at them wouldn't approve of that. "i wouldn't just leave."

"sometimes during missions you disappear."

"i'm working on that."

"well-"

"who's talking?" a loud voice interrupted their conversation. "one more word and you get a bullet in your head."

they needed a plan. once they got out of their bonds, dick could fight blindfolded no problem and he and wally could communicate in morse code with ease, but that plan had many flaws. 1) dick's identity could be compromised, 2) they had no weapons, 3) blindly fighting the gunmen who were holding children hostage didn't seem like the brightest idea.

so then what?

something in another room beeped, then what sounded like a large metal door opened. dick swore under his breath, it was the safe.

wally leaned over to his boyfriend, dropping his voice low. "i think that's the safe-"

"shut up!" a gunman yelled. "shut up or i'll shoot you and your emo little boyfriend."

emo?

dick shook his sleeve, letting a little box-knife fall into his hand. they were tied up with zip-ties, which weren't the easiest thing in the world to cut through. he began to slowly saw at the tie.

"smithers!" a different, higher, voice yelled. "come here."

"but- the hostages..." the gunman that kept threatening wally—smithers—called back.

"leave them!" someone with a thick quebecois accent argued. "they are tied and blind, what can they do?"

smithers shuffled out of the room just as dick finally broke through the zip-tie. he pulled off his blindfold, surveying their situation, before untying wally too.

"took you long enough," wally whispered, grinning. "you got a plan?"

"not really." dick shrugged. "all i have is a box-knife. we should knock them out in the other room so that nobody is accidentally shot at."

"i hope i don't burn through my date shoes."

"your date shoes?"

wally pointed to his white converse.

"ah, i see." dick nodded. he reached into the utility belt he was wearing underneath his clothes (never leave home without it) and pulled out two masks, tossing one to wally.