chapter 5

tw: underage drinking and smoking

In London

//3 hours later//

//Tommy POV//

We finally arrived in London after a few hours. I was late but hey- I was there. Maybe there was still time to film.

I put on my coat, get out the car and grab my bags from the backseat. I shut the door and walk round to Vik's window. I knock on the glass. She rolls down her window. I bend down so we are face to face.

Tommy is this. Vicki is this.

hey so thanks a lot for today Vik

aw it's no problem honey just go have fun with you friends

thanks and oh yeah how much do I owe you?

oh no don't be silly Tommy it's on me

but... this is your job I need to pay you... can I at least pay for petrol or leave a tip?

fine but I will pay you back at some point

I hand her a ten pound note, she smiles and puts it in her pocket. She then opens her glove compartment, grabs a pen and a random scrap of paper. 

I slightly stick my head in the open window and hover over her shoulder. I watch as she writes down her phone number, address and her name on the opposite side. 

She hands me the paper with her scruffy yet understandable writing and I shove it in my coat pocket.

right thanks so much Vik... 

There was a long and rather awkward silence as neither of us knew what to say. I adjusted my bag and let out a small sigh.

I guess I need to go meet up with my friends

alright then Tommy have fun

will do and thanks again... bye Vik

bye Tommy... proud of ya

I didn't say anything. I just watched as she rolled up the window and drove off. I smile and pull out my phone. I click on the group chat me, Phil and Wil have.

Wilbur is this. Tommy is this. Phil is this.

hey so where are you guys

well me and phil are at the hotel waiting for you

why are you so late

oh just problems with the train and shit

oh ok but I'll come pick you up

no no it's fine I'll walk there

no Tommy I'm not letting you go alone

I sigh and pause for a moment. I eventually figure they would let me if a parental figure came with me. So I fed them a couple lines of bullshit and rolled with it.

my dad said he'll walk me

right

why is your dad there

because he had to drive me here

come on keep up old man

tommy don't say that

right ok sorry but where is the address

He sends me the address and I start to walk there. On the way I stop by some corner shop. I walk in ignoring some of the judgemental looks I got from a group of kids outside the shop.