Untitled Part 3

Ghost Hunt:Volume 5 Chapter 2ContentsChapter 2 - Blindfold[]1[]

We went to the van to retrieve thermometers and small blackboards. Following that, together with Substitute Head Yasuhara, who was alone, the three of us went to various rooms to measure the temperature. It is said that in locations where paranormal activities take place, the temperature of that location would be lowered.

We discussed what Ohashi-san had said while we walked.

"Is it really alright~~?"

Substitute Head Yasuhara mumbled while he opened a closet.

"What's alright?"

"I say... the incident where people disappeared here happened 2 months ago right? If those people got lost in here, they would definitely be already dead."

"... perhaps."

"I don't want to discover corpses while wondering around this place."

... wu. Don't mention such unpleasant things.

"And in this type of old building, there are definitely mice around. Do you want to encounter corpses badly eaten away by mice and cockroaches?"

"Stop saying that."

For me, putting horror aside, I really hate blood.

Bou-san smiled expansively.

"We couldn't possibly find those bodies while walking around here. The police ''have'' already searched this area."

"Ah, is it?"

"However, it is also possible that they simply got lost."

This huge house does indeed have a strange and complicated structure. The corridors twist and wind pointlessly; even the width of the corridors change from wide to narrow randomly. Short flights of stairs appear at random locations, sloping up or down. One would lose sense of direction in an instant.

If we didn't draw a simple map of the house on the blackboard used to record temperatures, perhaps we too would have gotten lost here.

"Eh~. It feels like playing an RPG."

Yasuhara said, looked around the irregularly shaped room with walls jutting in and out all over in a # shape. (tl/n: the room was described as having a "井" shape.)

"What is an 'RPG'?"

"Role Playing Game. Taniyama-san, don't you play PC games?"

"I don't have such things. Are they interesting?"

"They are passable, perhaps. The two major games are "DQ" and "FF". If new products of either game are released around January or February, University would definitely take a second place."

Hey... hey?

Bou-san poked his head out of a window in a corner.

"Ou~~ Incredible. This window opens into the neighboring room."

Ah?

It was only a normal window with nothing special – except for the point that the window opened into the next room instead of into the gardens.

"And blinds were also put up..."

"It should have turned out like this because of the renovations or additions... it looks like a weird 3D dungeon."

While Bou-san said that, Yasuhara suddenly clapped his hands.

"Are you a fan of PC games too? Have you played 'Megami Tensei' (女神转生) before?"