Untitled Part 6

Ghost Hunt:Volume 5 Chapter 5ContentsChapter 5 - Human Devourer[]1[]

We caught Ohashi-san in the dining room; after we reported our discovery of the body, it momentarily turned into a huge ruckus. The few psychics who had already awoken also turned embarrassed.

"... Corpse...?"

When asked this by Ohashi-san, Naru nodded.

"I think it should be one of the two who had gone missing in February. I think it'd be better to contact the police."

"Please wait a moment."

Ohashi-san was green in the face.

"If that's done I'll be very worried. I can't decide on this by myself."

Is this the time to say this type of thing?

"In any case, let me contact my master first. Before my master gives any instructions, would everyone please refrain from any reckless behavior."

Saying this, Ohashi-san stumbled out of the Dining Room.

"This corpse, where was it?"

Igarashi-sensei asked.

Naru pointed at the floor plan.

After Sensei looked at it, she appeared shocked and turned to Minami-san and Professor Davies who were seated at the table. She spoke, pleased, to the two who were still stunned.

"This is really too exciting. It's exactly as the Professor had prophesized."

... Ai?

"What is that?"

When Naru asked this, Igrashi-sensei spoke with a satisfied smile.

"That is, just now the Professor made a prophesy. We asked the Professor about the whereabouts of the missing people; we begged the Professor to see for them. After seeing, the Professor said the missing people were in the west."

We turned to look towards Minami-san and Professor Davies. I don't know when those two started to show an expression of extreme worry. In contrast, Igarashi-sensei appeared rather excited.

"This is really great. No wonder you're a Professor."

Naru spoke with an extremely cold voice.

"Seisei, don't you understand?"

"Understand what?"

"If the people who disappeared in February are already dead, I think the other missing persons have almost no hope of survival."

When he said this, Igarashi-sensei's expression stiffened.

"... You're saying Suzuki-san is already dead?"

We knew the answer, but somehow couldn't say it.

"Not only Suzuki-san; I'm afraid even Atsugi-san and Fukuda-san are too."

"But, it's been quite some time since the people went missing in February. That person must have gotten lost."

Naru interrupted Igarashi-sensei who had just started speaking.

"He couldn't have gotten lost in that room."

"... Ai?"

"That room was completely sealed from the outside. We, too, had to open a hole in the wall to get in. Normal people using normal methods wouldn't be able to get inside. That isn't a place where someone could get lost in."