Chapter 20

I'm so sorry for not posting, I didn't have much ideas but today I finally decided that I will try do write maybe then I get an idea :) I hope you all enjoy this chapter

Foolish's pov

When I walked into the kitchen I saw Sam standing there, lost in thoughts, he's been silent most of the time since. . .the incidents with Ponk. . . He's the same before he met Ponk, well what I heard about him before Ponk, he also got back into an old habit of his, he always stays awake and drinks too much coffee. . .poor Sam.

Sam's pov

When Foolish left the room to go to dream, I found myself in my thoughts again, if once is for sure then my mind isn't a safe place. I just heard the thing that Tommy told me. . .Was I really a sh*tty Warden? Maybe if I cooperated with my stress another way than I did maybe then I wouldn't have cut Ponks arm off. . . It's even worse than I realized that it was Ponk after I cut the arm off. . . Idk what happened but I know that I didn't see Ponk, I saw someone else before me, the person I saw threaded me and didn't plead for me to stop and then I lost control over myself and- and I cut the person's arm off with closed eyes, when I opened them again I saw Ponk, crying from the pain in front of me, he had so much hatred, pain and fear in his eyes when he looked at me. That look still haunts me. . . I wanted to think more about the person I saw if I could make them out but I was brought out of my mind by someone saying "Sam?" I looked up from my coffee cup that I didn't even realize I had in my hand and saw Foolish looking worried at me.

"Hmm, yeah what is it?"

Foolish looked directly into my eyes and asked "Are you ok?" I didn't want to answer this because I know I'm not okay but I don't want others to worry after all we have other things to do now, so I lied and said "Yeah" Foolish starred at me, he didn't believe me but luckily dropped the topic and instead asked me "Sa, Can I ask you a question" I nodded while taking a sip from the now cold coffee in front of me.

"Did Puffy ever care for me and Dream?"

I spit out the coffee I just wanted to drink and said "W-What?!" I looked at Foolish and saw that he had his head low. He continued saying " I mean she never was there for us and now she's always there for the minors. . ."

I sighed and told him "Honestly, I tried asking her that. . .But. . .she always told me it was for your education and just to provide for you and Dream. . ." before I continued I saw how Foolish mumbled something to himself, heard the last part of what he mumbled it was What does that have anything to do with our education.

"Well, sending you to good schools and Dream. . . I kept saying that we had enough money to last a near-decade but. . . I think maybe because she was born into a pirate lifestyle, she didn't understand what it meant to be there for kids. . ."

Foolish's pov

I nodded and said to Sam "I guess. . . thanks for answering my question though Sam, it has been bothering me for quite some time but now she's just ignoring us instead of making up"

I looked Sam into his eyes while he said "I wish I had an answer to that... I asked her once, but... she acted like she didn't hear me..." Sam's eyes were filled with so much sadness. So I walked closer to him and then hugged him. He seemed to be taken aback but then slowly hugged back before I let him go I said "Thanks for always being there for us"

When we broke our hug, Sam smiled at me and said "Now, we should probably go to bed too"

I nodded at him and said "Goodnight Sam" He said night to me too and then we both left the room.

tbc

sorry for the mistakes, hope you all have a great day/night :D