ɪ ᴋɪssᴇᴅ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ɪᴛ

hi loves, before we get started i just wanted to apologize if it gave you a notification when i changed the chapter names. and i also hope you all like the new cover! so sorry again, i love you all and please enjoy! <33

———

For some reason, the hospital was far away from the police station. It was kinda ironic, Mai thought, why not keep everything together?

Mai had pulled herself together a few minutes into the ride. Yeah, Skullmask could have killed her and not Peter, but he didn't. And she would learn to live with that. But for right now — she wanted to ignore and deny.

Mai hadn't moved her hand from the gearshift.

And Kate hadn't moved her hand from on top of hers.

Every once in a while, they would look at each other. Kate had the most beautiful eyes. They were like these deep pools of muddy water, and you could see every fleck on the sun reflecting on the surface.

The looks would never last long, Kate would always flick her eyes back to road, and Mai would look away in embarrassment. Yet she turned back towards her every time.

Kate soon pulled into the parking lot, parking near the back. Sam and Deena went in, while the others stayed outside.

"Hey, Mai? Do you wanna go on a walk with me? I need to stretch my legs." Mai knew what this meant. It was the talk she has promised.

God, she didn't know what was happening. One second she was living life normally and the next she was practically dating by her best friends crush and dead people were trying to kill her. She has no idea what the hell was going on.

"Sure!" Mai said, she would be lying if there wasn't a part of her that wanted to know where this would head. What would happen.

They walked over to a building by the station, away from Simon and Josh, out of sight. They silence that accompanied them was heavy with the unknown. What was happening between them? What were these emotions? Did they really — love each other?

"So..." Kate chuckled, leaning against the brick wall. Mai walked over next to her and leaned against it was well. Their heads turned and they locked eyes.

"I really like you, Mai. I meant what I said in the car. You are really the only one for me."

"Kate... I really like you too... like — like that, it's just," She sighed, "I don't even know what I want." She looked down on the ground and Kate inched closer.

"Well..." Kate starts, hooking her finger under Mai's chin to meet her gaze. "I know what I want. Maybe... I could help you figure it out?"

Mai stared at Kate's lips.

Honey and flowers flowed from her mouth when she opened it, and her voice was like a choir of a million songbirds, all making music to a beautiful melody. Kate made the fairies that dances ever so loudly in her brain just — stop. Her lips looked like they tasted sweet, like sugar and honeysuckle. Mai was really craving some sugar and honeysuckle all of a sudden.

"Can — Can I kiss you?"

"I think you can."

Mai didn't feel fireworks when they kissed.

She felt a million fairies dancing in her stomach, twirling around her heart. She felt waterfalls crashing down on her and snow falling on her face. She felt cold and hot and warm and freezing. She felt like her and Kate were everything and everyone. They were the sun and moon and stars and love, they were love.

God — Kate tastes exactly as she imagined. Like sugar and honeysuckle, so sweet and sugary, Mai found herself slowly becoming addicted to the taste. She couldn't get enough of this girl. Kate was this horribly addictive drug, and Mai was sure she would never stop using.