3. Hide Away

"My brother sees me as a rose, a white rose. A white rose means Purity. Pure. He still sees me as Pure. But what if I'm not?"

~~~

I was leaning against my motorcycle waiting for Edward to leave the school. Rosalie and Emmett were already in his Jeep. Alice and Jasper were waiting by Edwards Volvo. Where was he?

I scanned the students once more, checking their thoughts to see if I could find Edward. Was he still in the school? I wondered. I checked around the students minds to see if I could locate him and stopped short when I heard the Secretary's thoughts of 'Too young, He's too young. He's young enough to be my son!' and I snorted. 

Jasper and Alice looked at me curiously as Rosalie sat in Emmett's lap murmuring quietly with him. 

"Secretary's thoughts. Edward is trying to get his schedule changed." I answered the unasked question from both Alice and Jasper. I could feel Alice become greatly confused as Jasper's thoughts ranged to possibilities as to why.

I looked up, finding Edward's mind come into our range and I grimaced at her facial expression. He was pissed, and in pain. I took hold of his Blood lust and shielded it from Jasper and pulled it onto myself. 

What happened? I asked him as he tried taking breaths of fresh air, chasing a scent out. 

Bella is my Blood Singer. Edward responded and my eyes widened slightly. I almost killed innocents. I-I need to leave. Edward added. I sighed and looked at Alice. 

"Hey, Alice? Want to ride on my bike with me?" I asked her curiously, hiding why I was asking. She looked at me confused but shrugged her shoulders with a small sure. I swung my leg over and started the motor and Alice climbed on behind me. 

"Sorry Jazz. You might want to catch a ride with Em and Rose." I told him, backing out and speeding out of the lot. I could hear Jasper's thoughts of disbelief as I got farther and farther away. I could feel Alice's amazement as she looked around and I sped up. 

"So what happened?" Alice asked me and I sighed. "Why was Edward trying to get his schedule changed?" She added after a moment. 

"Bella Swan is Edward's Blood Singer." I responded and she gasped. This could mean danger for our family and Edward knew that. But he also knew that it could mean the world to us. He found a mate! Dammit why did it have to be his singer?

"Edward's leaving for a while." Alice gasped out suddenly and I slammed onto my breaks. Alice clung to me and I stopped and turned to look at her. 

"He's what?!?" I exclaimed, Emmett's Jeep slowed down behind us. 

"Go. He needs you!" Alice exclaimed as she hopped off and appeared in Emmett's Jeep. I could faintly hear her explaining what was happening to the others as I made a U-turn and sped towards the hospital. He would need Carlisle's permission. 

I pulled my phone from my pocket and pressed on Edwards contact and called him. It took a couple rings before he answered. 

"Yes?" He asked, he sounded pained. 

"Don't leave without me, Dammit. I'm coming with you. Where are you?" I responded. I heard him sigh in relief. "You seriously thought I would try and stop you?" I asked him in disbelief as I saw the hospital appearing. 

"Kind of. Um. Carlisle gave me the keys to his Mercedes. Are you on your bike still?" Edward asked me. I sighed as I knew I might have to leave my bike behind. 

"Yes?" I asked in response as I saw the hospital parking lot sign and I pulled a sharp turn in and found Edwards Volvo and parked my bike next to it. Edward was already there. I turned the engine off and hopped off. Ending the call I ran towards him and pulled him into a hug. 

"Let me put your bike into the back of my Volvo." He murmured and I nodded. I was keeping my keys though and he knew that. We pulled away and I opened the back of the vehicle, watching carefully as Edward picked my only bike and slipped it inside. 

I smiled at him gratefully as I slipped into the passenger side of Carlisle's Mercedes S55 AMG. It's probably one of his favorite vehicles that he owns. I texted Jasper to take care of my bike while I was gone. I turned my phone off as Edward got in and started the car.

"It will be okay. She's what? In our year? She'll be gone in a year and a half if we have to stay away that long. We'll be okay." I tried to reassure him. He knew I was trying and that was it. I stayed quiet through the drive as I watched the scenery pass. Carlisle would be off work by now, driving Edward Volvo. I tried not to laugh at the image of Carlisle driving a silver Volvo instead of his black Mercedes S55 AMG.

Edward chuckled as I pictured it and he tried not too. Carlisle liked the dark colors, especially in his vehicle choices. I curled up a bit in the seat, just watching the trees pass. The sun was setting and soon I'd be ale to open a window, Edwards upset and I want to distract him a bit with some fresh air. 

I watched the sun set and I slipped the window open, I felt him relax and I smiled. He could finally breath again. We may not need it but it helps make sure we aren't caught. I use it for tracking but that's because I'm good at it, I don't have blood-lust which is confusing for Carlisle. In a way, I'm like him. I don't have problems with our diet nor acting around people. If I was allowed to I would probably be more social.

"How do you do it?" I heard him ask quietly. I turned to look at him curiously. "Like, how do you control your thirst?" He glanced over at me, we were alone on the highway going almost 100. 

"I don't feel it. That's why I try take your guys' blood-lust away. I take it and lock it in myself." I answered him. "Plus, blood's always made me queasy, even when we were human." I explained as I looked ahead of us. I know Carlisle probably called Tanya or Eleazar and Carmen. One of the three. Irina and Kate most likely are out hunting. I so hope Carmen and Eleazar are home. I can't deal with Tanya just yet. 

"She's not that bad." Edward sighed, having read my thoughts. I rolled my eyes and watched the stars. 

"Is when she's obsessed with your twin." I muttered back to him and it was his turn to sigh.