6. Car Accident Coma

It didn't take to terribly long for the others to join us, which was good because Alice and I can only act human by ourselves for so long. Jasper was by our side as soon as he could, looking at us worriedly. 

"What happened? You skipped after Art." Jasper asked us quietly.

"Later." I whispered and he nodded at us. We were standing by our cars talking, and explaining what happened in Art, excluding the parts where he made us uncomfortable and threatened like, when Edward arrived. He was quiet, thinking. It was about the Swan girl. 

Edward, stop it. You'll just get too attached! I tried to warn him. And then Alice went into a vision, Car accident was going to happen. Dear god no! I looked at the swan girl as screeching tires sounded through the air. I saw her look up confused and panic shot through her entire being. I shoved Edward into Jasper and Emmett and ran. 

It was quick, and I was suddenly next to Bella, holding her waist and crouched down arm up and the van hit us. It bounced back and it went to land on her legs, I thought quick and pulled her to my chest and curled around her so that the van wouldn't touch us. Bella had hit her head and was looking at me shocked. 

I was breathing heavy, as if I had run a marathon to get to her. I barely remembered what happened, but I could hear Edward and my family mentally shouting for me. I focused on Bella's mind and mentally cursed. She was suspicious. 

"What? How did you get over here so fast?" She asked me. She was quiet, lowering her voice due to Tyler in the driver seat, still conscious. 

"Adrenaline. I panicked and ran over here. I-I'm sorry, are you hurt?" I asked her, I could feel the equivalent to a head ache for vampires coming on and I groaned, grabbing my head slightly. 

"U-um... I think my head bounced off the truck. Are you okay? You stopped the van!" Bella asked me worriedly. I shrugged and leaned back, still breathing heavily. Her scent was like anyone else's, so I wasn't worried about being too close to her. 

"I'm fine. Adrenaline is kinda cool if you can get it under control. Kind of like Captain America." I responded, I was still gripping my head tightly, everything hurt, like when I had the Spanish Flu, and when I was dying. I groaned and curled into a ball as I left her mind, I let Edward in and I faintly heard my family's surprise when they heard that I was in fact injured. Almost like I was human. 

"Guys hurry! Three here, two injured badly!" I heard someone's voice shout. Two injured? Did Bella get hurt too? I curled into a ball, coughing lightly as Bella grabbed my arm tightly, it hurt. 

"Hey! Hazel Ruth! Come on, hey stay awake!" I heard Bella shout. I felt the Van pull away from us and I felt myself get grabbed and placed on a stretcher. Bella was next to me, I heard Alice cry out in shock, Jasper got protective and Edward was suddenly by me. What's going on? Everything hurts.

"Ruth! Come on Ruthie, hang in there." I heard Edward's voice, but what was going on? We'll figure out what's going on. I promise. I heard Edward's thoughts. My eyes fluttered and I heard him cry out. I forced them open and saw Jasper and Emmett holding him back, comforting him. 

What happened? What's going on? What's happening to me? I asked him and I faintly saw a helpless look flash on his face. I saw Emmett shove him towards the Volvo, Alice and Jasper were on his Motorcycle, and Emmett and Rosalie were jumping into his jeep. Bella was next to me in the ambulance, they were checking on her too. 

Was it that bad? Why did I feel so much pain? I closed my eyes and everything kind of faded out for me. I couldn't see anything, but I could feel it and hear it. I could taste it. I was sick again. Like when I was Human. 

"Carlisle, what's happening to her?" I could hear Edward, Jasper was beside me dry sobbing. Alice wasn't here, neither was Rosalie or Esme. I was on something kind of hard but it was also comfortable... Am I in the hospital? I could feel Emmett come in quickly. 

"What's happening with Ruthie?" I could hear his voice, he was losing hope. "It's been almost a week." He added. A week? But why did it only feel like minutes?

"I... I don't know." Carlisle responded, he sounded so hopeless. No! You can't give up hope! That's not how you are! You've comforted us, why can't I repay the favor and comfort you! Wake up! I need to wake up! 

Everything faded away again.

-X-X-X-

I groaned and I could feel myself twitch. It wasn't enough. I had most my senses but I was still out of it. 

"Ruth? Hey Little Gem. Can you squeeze my hand?" I heard Esme kindly coo. I squeezed her hand, I was really trying. But it felt like a twitch, but Esme gasped happily. "Carlisle! Carlisle!" I heard Esme call out. 

"Esme? What's wrong?" I heard Carlisle ask her, he must have run in. 

"She squeezed my hand." I heard Esme say quietly. I felt someone grab my wrist, placing their hand in mine. "Honey, can you squeeze Carlisle's hand?" Esme asked. I tried my hardest and I groaned. I felt my eyes fluttering. 

"She's waking up." Carlisle whispered. I forced my eyes open and I groaned. "Hey Ruth. How are you feeling?" He asked me and I lightly glared at him. 

"Everything hurts." I responded, my voice was really scratchy and I coughed. 

"Yeah, well you were in a car accident. Do yo remember what happened?" He asked me, he helped me sit up and I curled up slightly, Like I had around Bella. I nodded and his eyes were curious. "Can you tell me what happened?" He asked me. 

"Where's Edward? And Jasper? Or Alice, Emmett, Rosalie?" I asked him instead. "How long have I been unconscious?" I asked him. He sighed and pulled me into a hug. I curled into him, like a child to their parent. 

"The kids are at school, Esme was off work today and was watching over you." Carlisle responded. "You've been out for a week and a half." Carlisle added. I nodded and gulped slightly. 

"There was a teacher who made me and Alice uncomfortable. We felt threatened. So we ditched the rest of school, stayed in Emmett's jeep. The other's joined us, we were talking about hunting when we got home, or wrestling. Alice went into a vision, Bella would have been killed. I pushed Ed-Edward back into Jasper and Emmett and ran. I crashed into Bella and stopped the van." I explained, coughing some as I felt my throat tighten up and hurt. 

"That goes with what Edward said happen, well besides the first part. Are the kids safe at school, Carlisle?" Esme piped in. Carlisle looked worried from what I could see through Esme's eyes. 

"Ruth, do you still have your abilities?" Carlisle asked me, I looked at him and forced his emotions to panic and then back to the comforting and worried he was before. "I'll take that as a yes." Carlisle chuckled as Esme smiled at us. 

"I'll call the school to send the kids home." Esme murmured. Carlisle nodded at her as He did a check up on me.