4. Coming Home

"My brother sees me as a rose, a white rose. A white rose means Purity. Pure. He still sees me as Pure. But what if I'm not?"

~~~

We'd been in Alaska for a week and already I have more abilities available to me. I'm a kinetic, I can control everything with practice, but I only have a few available to me. I could now control the snow. Not really useful unless I'm near the substance but it was at least there now. I'd get more practice this winter.

I also found out I can control the wind and air currents, now I just need to get transferred into Ed's class. I sighed as I walked along the frozen lake and looked around at the trees that were covered in snow, and the snow that fell around me gently. It reminded me of the flowers that Esme had in her small garden she insisted on building when we first moved here. 

I took a deep breath of fresh air and looked at the ice below me. I could smell any of the fish that were in the lake, but they swam to the bottom because of me being here. Animals are terrified of us, sometimes that hurts but other times it's not. 

"Rue, come on." I heard Edward call out for me, I looked over at him curiously as he stood by Carlisle's car. I could see it, even if it was at least 9 miles from where I was and trees were blocking my sight. I just have that weird ability of seeing through things to the people talking to me. I guess it's another good thing for tracking. 

I left the lake and ran towards Edward, to be picked up by Eleazar and be given a hug from him and Carmen who were waiting to ambush me. Dammit I needed to focus around the person talking to me too!

I gasped as they placed my by Edward, who faintly smelt of Tanya, waving good-bye to our family member's. Kate had rushed towards me and hugged me as well, causing me to giggle. 

"Please visit again, Little Rue." Kate whispered to me and I nodded at her before I slipped into the Mercedes and Edward drove off. I smiled as I left the window open, the sun would rise in roughly four hours so we had time to enjoy the fresh air. 

"Did you have fun?" He asked me, I rolled my eyes in response. 

"If you count getting electrocuted fun, then yeah!" I responded and he smiled at me. The two of us were practically inseparable. Our whole family knew it too, probably why Edward and Carlisle let me go with and Alice let me know in advance. 

I closed my eyes and felt the wind on my face, listening to the animals around us, listening to Edward hum the lullaby he would sing to me when we were human. I smiled faintly and just listened to him hum as he drove.

I opened my eyes and turned my phone on, Edward didn't once stop humming, even mentally singing the lyrics that went with it as he remembered the last time he sung it while human. I had come down sick with the Spanish Flu and Edward was terrified I was going to leave him. He sang it to me, the next morning he fell ill as well. But much much worse then mine.

I took a deep breath as my phone went off with notifications. I kept my volume off but it still caught Edwards attention. He still didn't comment on it. Jasper had been worried about the two of us, well... Mainly me but he was also worried for Edward. I sighed softly and texted him back, explaining we were coming home today.

I looked out the window again and saw we were nearing Forks. I smiled and watched the clouds cover the sky. I missed sunrises but I loved living more, I watched the different houses pass by us, pass the hospital and finally we were home. 

I smiled excitedly as I sped out of the car and into the house and right into Jasper's chest as I hugged him. He chuckled lightly as he patted my back, Alice was giggling like crazy. I clung for a moment longer before pulling back and hugging Alice, I was pulled up as Emmett spun in a couple circle's, hugging me before he landed me next to Rosalie, who hugged me with out a second thought. 

"Welcome back, children." Carlisle chuckled as I Rosalie released me. I hugged Carlisle and Esme as Edward was also greeted. I smiled at them interacting and looked out the window to see the rising sun. Today was Monday, school. At least I can lock away blood lust, even over hundreds of miles. I hoped it helped Jasper through school. Since he can't feel most of it, he can't act on it if someone spills blood. 

"Go get dressed! I placed an outfit on your bed, Rue. You'll love it! Go!" Alice exclaimed and I smiled at her, a small nod as I turned and ran up the stairs and into my room. Alice was right, I do love it. I changed quickly and brushed out my hair, styling it into a side braid before I grabbed my black lipstick and applied it, as well as some black eye shadow and eye liner. 

I ran down stairs as Alice squealed excitedly. I smiled at her as she grabbed my hand and led me to the garage. 

"Since you took Alice on a ride, I wanted to drive you to school today." Jasper called out. I smiled happily as Jasper swung his leg over his own motorcycled and I giggled excitedly and hopped on as well. 

"Have fun guys!" Alice called out as she slipped inside Edward's Volvo, I smiled as Jasper peeled out of the garage, having us leave earlier then the rest. 

"So, why was Alice so excited?" I asked Jasper as we raced along side the highway that most definitely didn't lead to school. 

"Because. Alice wanted us to miss first period. We'll arrive a little after seconds begins and wait til third is about to start. Alice's instructions." Jasper explained. I hummed as I nodded, looking around to see if I could pin point where we were heading. I couldn't and that frustrated me, but I ignored it and enjoyed the light breeze on my face as Jasper zipped passed the cars around us. 

"Thank you." I whispered to him as I relaxed against him, wishing time could stop and we'd never have to go to school. 

"For what?" Jasper asked me curiously. 

"For being another brother to me. All I really had was Edward for a brother, Carlisle was a father I never had. Esme a mother I never knew. Rosalie was like a cousin until recently, Emmett was a family friend until after Alice and you arrived." I explained. "You were the first to feel like another brother, instantly. So thank you." I added. 

"You're welcome darlin'." I could feel Jasper smiling, he was delighted by this revelation. That much I knew, but it wasn't for bad intent.