- 1 : Arrival -

Engines roared as airplanes began to take flight into the sky, soon disappearing behind the layers of clouds, and soaring through the stratosphere.

"Who knew that we'd be going to Canada for Masters?" a light voice asked her friend, as they passed through airport security, with their luggage being checked; "Well, hindi ako for sure," laughed another voice, her companion, the one who saw the other as her mother figure, "It's so shocking, sa totoo lang, and here I thought that you would go straight to Law School. You shouldn't have waited for me, Ma.".

The girl named Sienna put a hand on her friend's back, giving her homely comfort as they took more steps away from their home country, "Look, anak, I did it because I wanted to wait for you, and because I worked for a whole year to get some money. It wasn't the easiest to wait, pero you, Sonia, made it all the more worth it! And soon, James will too, it will be like high school again!".

A smile graced Sonia's lips, as the two friends rode down the escalator, heading towards the terminal. The air inside Ninoy Aquino International Airport was chilly, as always. Sonia and Sienna went to Coffee Bean to grab a sip of, well, coffee, alongside a pre-flight bite for each of them. After that, they began to walk towards their destination, as missing their flight to Canada was not an option.

Along the way, the two reminisced about their younger days, that although were many years ago, felt like a mere number of weeks or even days ago. Their laughter was light yet wonderful, as the memories that they had, albeit imperfect, were like gold.

"Yan yung time na bigla lang, naging discord family tayo," mused Sonia. Her "nanay" giggled in response, "Of course, and it's still ongoing until now! You'll always be my anak!" she says as she pat the black-haired accountant on the head.

Soon enough, the two reached the terminal. Time ticked and tocked, and they found themselves seated on the airplane... on the flight towards their future that was awaiting for them impatiently.

"Ready ka na ba?" asked the economics graduate.

"Not sure pa, hehe," replied the accountant, "Pero nakaka-excite naman din, total naman, magkikita tayo nina James, malay mo may love life na 'yun.".

-

Hours went by, and the flight came to a halt on the runways of Toronto Pearson International Airport. It was currently 6:30 AM, early morning. The unseemly side of traveling was definitely starting to sink in: jet lag.

A groan escaped Sonia's lips, as her eyes adjusted to the light inside the airplane before they could blind her, even though it was a close call. "Huy, gising na diyan, 'Ma.", she shook Sienna's figure gently, in order to wake her up.

"Nandito na t-tayo?" stuttered Sienna, a yawn escaping her lips, "Grabe, sarap ng tulog ko ah...".

Looking out the window, the pair could see the sky turning blue, slowly, as the sun rose over the horizon, greeting everyone. Groggy yet excited passengers got off their flight, with the attendants and pilot assisting them, the chatter and noise getting busier and busier.

The hour was early, despite that, the airport was bustling with travelers from across the world - some leaving, arriving, and fetching - speaking of the last action...

Amongst the sea of people, purple hair stood out. Its owner was holding a sign, which read: SIENNA JANDOG, SONIA FERRANDO. As the mentioned friends came down the escalator, they noticed both the hair and the sign, which made them let out simultaneous chuckles of glee. Soon enough, they found themselves calling out for their friend, "Oy, James!", with their luggage in tow, as if this was a national announcement that the whole world had to know.