- 3 : ... Again?! -

The university's atmosphere was bustling, bursting with life as the sound of the crowds filled the air. Students of different origins and backgrounds interacted and explored the grounds, some reminiscing their first years there, whilst others were experiencing their own firsts on Sovereign's grounds.

Sienna and Sonia were two of the latter.

"Just hang onto me, medyo crowded na dito sa audi," said Sienna in a motherly tone. "Sige." affirmed Sonia, holding unto her friend's arm, probably for dear life. The friends trudged through the path ever so carefully, as if the people around them were made out of glass.

It was a whole new environment to them, a diverse one. "I hate that my parents forced me to go to graduate school, it's a pain in the a*s. You're just taking the whole course, but it's just more difficult! I want to work already..." they heard one cuss, whilst his friend replied, "At least you were encouraged, I really wanted to take this course, but my parents wanted me to work right away, I don't think that I'm ready for it just yet.". 

Sienna let out a sigh, "They're both stuggling...". "Kaya nga eh, magkaiba lang..." Sonia finished her sentence. They both continued on, finding a good spot to watch the first part of the assembly, one wherein they could view the stage and the speakers. 

As they continued on through the crowd, Sienna's grey iris suddenly caught sight of a bush of brunette hair - one that seemed... oddly familiar. Her own black hair danced slightly as she shook the feeling off, 'Creepy. Familiar, yet creepy... yet familiar. Ugh.' she thought, 'No, you're the one being creepy, Sienna! That was probably just another student! Stupid!'.

"Okay ka lang, 'Ma?" asked Sonia, snapping her out of her thoughts as always. "Okay lang, may... nakita lang ako.".

"... Wag mong sabihin sa akin may crush ka na dito,"

"Luh, wala noh? Itaas ang bandila, pati ang standards. Get to know, to actually know, before we like."

"True." 

The pair then proceeded to continue their search of the perfect spot to see the orientation. Much to their chagrin, they had to do a bunch of "Excuse me, po"s, and "Pasensya na po"s, with people shooting them some questionable looks, as they had no knowledge of Sienna and Sonia's native language. Well, minus some Filipino immigrants that they bumped into. At some point, a guy that was actually named Po mistakenly answered them.

Finally, after around twenty minutes, they found a really good place to watch the first part of the orientation, in the middle of the auditorium, with their seats slightly elevated, enough to see the entirety of the stage. "Ang..." Sonia puffed, "Swerte... Natin... Grabe... Sa wakas...". Small beads of sweat fell down from her temple from all that squeezing through. Her mother figure of a friend grabbed a handkerchief, and delicately dabbed on the sweat, careful not to make Sonia uncomfortable, or to ruin her make-up, "Was it all... worth this trouble? It feels like the economic bubble crashed..." sighed Sienna. "Siguro... Sana." replied the brown-eyed accountant.

Soon, they finally settled down, and so did most of the participants. By the moment wherein calling time was over, the auditorium was packed. Parents, professors, staff, and of course, students filled the auditorium and its atmosphere with presence and chatter, until a Canadian man who looked like he was in his mid-fifties walked unto the pedestal,

"A good day to each and every one of you, and a warm welcome to our humble university! I am Dean Bergeron, dean of communications, and once again, welcome to Sovereign University!"

The roar of rounding applause was heard throughout the auditorium. Dean Bergeron then proceeded to talk about how the university, its history, and its core values. "Nearly, if not all, graduates of this institution have become Sovereigns in their own fields, and we know that all of you will continue the tradition! We will do our very best to equip you with the things you need to tackle whatever challenges may happen, and so, as I end this speech — I wish you all a happy stay here at S.U! Ad Maius Bonum!".