- 2 : Together... -

"Put--- ang aga mo naman..." groaned James, with his wristwatch reading: 5:27 AM. He could feel the grogginess that came with being woken up by some noises that he heard from one of his best friends, in the wake of the morning, of all times!

"It's not even 5:30 sis, and yung uni naman is like, fifteen minutes away!".

Turning around, Sienna's face was littered with starting foundation. Her voice was somewhat raspy, as she proceeded to just rave about how the phrase "Beauty is pain." was relevant in that moment, "That's the point! I have to do this early, James! You never know when the eye shadow is going to fail you, or when you'd accidentally mess up a wing!". She stood up from her chair, "Today is orientation day, you know that I have to look my best! Pero of course, it's for myself!". Her purple-haired friend laughed at her last statement in reply and approval, "Now that, that I approve, sis! O sige na, gigisingin ko si Sonia in... around thirty minutes? At 6:00 pa naman.".

"Sige na nga, kahit mga 6:00... pinayagan naman niya ako na lagyan ko ng make-up siya, so, yeah! Mga 8:00 pa naman yung orientation, diba?" asked Sienna, following up with a yawn, maybe she did wake up a little too early.

Suddenly, Sonia came in the scene as she cursed the early hours of the day, and how grogginess was enveloping her, "Ba't ang aga ninyo...". "Don't look at me," replied James, pointing at Sienna.

The economist's jet black brow contorted into a look of silly questioning, "Luh? Kanina approve na approve tas ngayon trinaydor si ako?".

In a comedic fashion, the room fell into silence... but then filled with laughter again.

"O, sigeh na nga, kung gusto mo, matulog ka ulit," the first one who woke up amongst the three put a hand on the shoulder of the last, "Basta, we're gonna make sure that you're all set later!". Her "anak" and close friend nodded in reply, their cafe owner friend following suit. Sonia responded, "Medyo..." she yawned, "Medyo inaantok ako, pero feeling ko di ako makakatulog kung bumalik ako sa kama... Aayos nalang ako, or mag-Netflix nalang muna... or, well... hatdog.". Her words were dragged on by the grogginess.

"You need some milk-!" joked the purple-haired entrepreneur, "Joke lang, I can whip you up some coffee kung gusto mo, tas may pa latte-latte art pa.".

"Yes please, pahingi naman."

"Wag mo gayahin yung mga buraot nating ka-batch noon, 2 dollars and 13 cents, sis."

"Pautang muna."

"Edi ikaw magbayad ng rent."

The joking conversation went back and forth, as Sienna watched her two friends bicker. A smile carved itself unto her face. It was as if she was taken back to their younger years, years without student loans and theses, with only school jams and class schedules - it was sheer happiness, compiled in a single, simple moment.

After some minutes, the bickering came to a close. "Sige na, ayusin ko na breakfast natin," said James, soon exiting the room thereafter, and heading down to the kitchen to do his magic. "Ligo na akoooo," followed Sonia, but not before her fellow future law student asked, "Huy, anong gusto mong look for today? I want you to have something that you feel comfortable and comfy in!", her eyes were lit up by the stars of excitement.

The accountant put a finger to the side of her lips, taking a moment to think about her response before actually responding, "Hmmm, siguro yung medyo light lang, pero i-freestyle mo nalang.", following the sentence with a giggle. "Sure ka sa freestyle ha - joke lang! O sigeh, maligo ka na para makakapag-ayos na din." advised her black-haired friend, pointing her index finger up whilst speaking.

"Alam mo, parang nanay ka talaga."

A frying pan peeped through the door, the holder's purple locks and gray eyes along with it, "Nanay at baby ng grupo, sa totoo lang. Ngayon, maligo ka na! Mag-sisix o'clock na oh!".