λ

TP POV:

Hephaestus was the god of fire who was born without the ability to walk. There had been many obstacles on his way to birth but the only reason he was alive was because Athena was courageous enough to stand against Hera. Hera, who even though was his mother, did not hesitate to exile him for causing a simple inconvenience.

Zeus, his father, had tied him to his thigh so the infant Hephaestus could survive and grow. Yet he was also the person to exile him from heaven again because of a family quarrel.

Had it not been for Dionysus who brought him back to Olympus, he would still be in the human realm wandering aimlessly. Well...he wasn't exactly there moving aimlessly. He had acquired the skills to become a blacksmith in the human realm. And it was something he was very passionate about. So he wouldn't say those two visits were pointless. 

Because of Dionysus, he became the only god to ever return from exile. And he was indebted to him. 

So it was hard for him to refuse when both Athena and Dionysus came to him requesting a holy sword. A blacksmith and craftsman, Hephaestus made weapons and military equipment for the gods and certain mortals including Hermes and Achilles. So making another weapon for both of them did not seem like a difficult task. 

However, when Namjoon began to tell him that the weapon was for a prince in the human realm, things became a bit complicated. It was strictly frowned upon to meddle in human affairs, and sending a godly weapon that could cause mass hysteria and destruction was very much"meddling in human affairs". And Minjae wanted no part in this madness. 

And then Dionysus started explaining a few things. Exactly who this certain prince was and why this weapon was needed. And it seems very obvious what the god of fire decided at the end. 

Taehyung who was blessed with a godly weapon had a story of his own. He remembered the day he received Gorgol. He was in the middle of a desert on the east continent. Most of his comrades were either dead or captured by the enemy soldiers. And the prince in an unfamiliar land with unfamiliar terrain and barely any rations or weapons had started to lose hope of ever returning home. 

But when hope was at its lowest, a man emerged. He had come abruptly, in the wake of a sandstorm. His face was covered with a hood. But his hair that shined like gold was still etched onto the Omega's mind. The man did not say anything. He just looked down at the prince who had been too weak to stand and then he placed the sword beside his almost limp body. 

Taehyung had wondered at that time if the man was trying to kill him. But the stranger just left the sword beside his palm and left. The desert was vast and empty yet somehow the man disappeared without even a silhouette to look over. 

The Omega had gripped onto the weapon with every last of his strength and the rest was a blur. But he somehow managed to come back home with the sword clasped tightly in his hand. That was years ago. And Gorgol has been with him since. 

It was a unique weapon. Taehyung still hasn't seen anything like it. The blade was sharp as ever and shined as if made from the toughest diamonds. Its handle was made of gold and the intricacy of each pattern engraved onto it along with its name displayed the immense effort the craftsman had put in. And even though the weapon was so heavily dazzling, it was very light and easy to use. As if it were made for him. 

But the prince never understood why that mystery man left such a precious weapon with him. Or why for that matter. But Gorgol was a lethally beautiful sword. And it would be a shame on Taehyung as a swordsman if he did not use it to its full potential. 

"Where is your mind at son?" His father's voice snapped Taehyung out of his trance. He seemed to have spaced out whilst staring at his sword. "Nothing much" he smiled up at the king. King Kim chuckled at his son's antics. "Is it because your friend left?" The elder man asked referring to Jeongguk.