02

8 months later
Belle Reve, Louisiana, USA

Brooklyn's eyes shot open as a shout was heard from above her.

"Wakey wakey, Brook. Time to eat."

Her head shot over to the bars on her thick metal door. A green eerie light filled her room.

Brooklyn scowled at the annoying voice of the head guard. They call him Griggs. He chucked a plastic bag into the cell and chuckled.

"There ya go, sweetheart. Sorry if it's rotten." Griggs snickered. His rotten teeth showing.

Brooklyn slowly got up from her thin mattress with a thin blanket messily placed on it and slowly walked towards the plastic bag in the middle of the cell. Her thin fingers wrapped around the bag and lifted it up of the floor. Griggs watching her every movement closely.

"Now eat it. My job is to make sure you live." Griggs said before walking down the hallway.

She opened the plastic bag and took out a slice of apple and slowly ate it before continuing to eat the apples, grapes and other fruits.

After eating, Brooklyn just sat in her cell admiring her tattoos especially the snake on her arm. Something about snakes always fascinated Brooklyn she loved the way they move, how they look and how they fight. She always had pet snakes but her parents weren't that fond of them so she always asked her grandmother who was just as obsessed as she was. That was until she passed away when Brooklyn was 9.

Amanda Waller, Rick Flag and June Moore followed Griggs down a hallway to a thick, metal door.

"Diablo isn't our only meta-human. There's Brooklyn. The Voodoo Queen. Unlike the others, she doesn't cause that much of a fuss. She doesn't retaliate unless you provoke barely even uses her powers anymore. So she might be a bit rusty."

"I want to see what she can do." Amanda Waller said.

"Okay." Griggs scoffed before opening up the door. "If you wish."

Waller, Flag and Griggs walked in. Brooklyn lifted her head from her knees and looked up at them. Confusion evident in her eyes. She never got visiters ever.

"Brooky. I brought you some friends." Griggs chuckled.

Brooklyn slowly stood up and two guards came in and stood at both sides of her. She slowly walked towards and out the door into the corridor where more guards were waiting for her. They didn't bothered to restrain her since they knew she wouldn't do anything. They brought her to a table full of knifes and guns with shooting dummies spread out in front. Then she heard a shout and more guards filtered in. Then two guards came in with a man who had a frown on his face.

"All right, unlock him." Flag said.

"What?" Griggs gasped.

"You heard me." Rick answered back.

"You know what this man can do?"

"I'm here to find out. Lose the restraints."

One of the guards unlocks the man.

"What is this? Cheerleading try-outs?" The man mocked.

"Let's go. Let's see what you can do? They say you never missed a shot. Prove it." Rick replied.

He walks toward the table of guns and knives before picking up a small pistol before holding it up in the air.

"You too." Rick says to me.

I slowly walk over and pick up a knife before turning around to see the man quickly turn around to point the gun at Griggs. I saunter over closer to Griggs.

"Everybody calm down. Griggs, tell your men to stand down." Rick shouts.

"Stand down. Colonel, for the record, this is exactly what I was concerned about." Griggs exclaimed pointing at the both of us.

"Ames, if this man shoots me, I want you to kill him and I want you to go clear my browser history." I shake my head in disbelief.

"See the firing pin is filed down, right? Mag full of dummy rounds. If I pull the trigger, nothing happens." The man explains.

"You're absolutely right. Why would we give a loaded weapon to an infamous hitman? Go ahead, pull the trigger. Empty it." Amanda says.

Alright she must be insane, crazy or downright stupid.

"Don't empty nothing. You don't even know this lady. I've known you like nine months. Remember Brook when I brought you that pizza or when I brought you that cookie? That was a real cookie." Griggs bargains.

He points the gun up and shoots it. His eyes widening when he realises it was full with real bullets.

"What?" Griggs booms.

"Oops." Rick mocks.

"Y'all jokers must be crazy." I say with a chuckle of disbelief.

He starts shooting at the dummies while I pick up 3 knives and throw them without even looking. They all land right where the dummies hearts would. When the man was finished shooting there was hole glowing a bright orange right in the centre of all the dummies heads.

"Right now, voodoo queen show us what you got." Amanda says.

"Now you must be joking." Griggs mumbles.

I don't move. I just stay still. Why would they want me to use my powers. I could destroy this whole place if I wanted to.

"Please." Amanda sasses.

I walk over so I'm in front of the table and make my eyes turn a neon green. I look over my shoulder at Amanda and she nods. I put my arms out in front of me and a black smoke flies out from the ground wrapping itself around the dummies. I lift my arms up and the smoke makes the dummies lift of the floor and up into the air then I snap my fingers and the dummies turn to ash.

"Holy shit." The man whispers.

I walk back over to the guards.

"All right. Now you know what you're buying. Let me tell you the price. First, I want out of here. Second, I want full custody of my daughter. All right. And her mom can have like supervised visits. But her stank-ass boyfriend can't come. Darnell can't come. He's out." The man rambles.

"Darnell's out." Rick agrees.

"Third, y'all gonna pay for my daughter's education. Best schools. And then I want her to go to college. Like Harvard or Yale. Ivy League. And if she can't cut it and her grades start slipping, I need you to white people that thing. Now that's my price. But I'm concerned cause I don't see nobody writing shit down." The man finishes.

"You're in no position to make demands." Rick chuckles.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You thought I was talking to you. No, errand boy. I'm talking to your boss." He finishes.