06

"The creatures injected with something, a hallucinogen. You must of saw some crazy ass shit." Deadshot explains.

"You got that right." I mumble. 

Deadshot lifts up his drink and calls a toast.

"Here's to honour among thieves." He toasts.

"I'm not a thief." Katana replies.

"Oh. She's not a thief." Deadshot whispers. "Well, we almost pulled it off despite what everybody thought. Worst part of it is, they're going to blame us for the whole thing. And they can't have people knowing the truth. We're the patsies. The cover-up. Don't forget, we're the bad guys. And for about two sweet seconds, I had hope."

"You had hope, huh? Hope don't stop the wheel from turning, my brother." Diablo interrupts.

"You preaching?"

"It's coming back around for you. How many people you killed, man?" Diablo questions.

"You don't ask nobody no question like that, ese." Deadshot warns.

"You ain't ever whacked down no women. No kids." Diablo mumbles.

"I don't kill women or children."

"I do." He pauses. "See, I was born with the devil's gift. I kept it hidden for most of my life but the older I got, the stronger it got. So I started using it. For business, you know. The more power on the street I got, the more fire power I got. Like that shit went hand in hand. You know? One was feeding the other. Ain't nobody tell you no. Except my old lady. You know, she used to pray for me. Even when I didn't want it. God didn't give me this. Why should he take it away? See when I get mad, I lose control. You know, I just...I don't know what I do till it's done."

"And the kids?" Boomerang cracks.

"He killed them. Didn't you?" Harley accuses. "Own that shit. Own it! What did you think was gonna happen? Huh? What, you were just, thinking you can have a happy family and coach little leagues and make car payments? Normal's a setting on the dryer. People like us, we don't get normal!"

"Why is it always a knife fight every single time you open your mouth? You know, outside you're amazing. But inside, you're ugly." Boomerang shouts.

"We could say the same about you." I answer back. He just scoffs.

"We all are. We all are! Except for him. He's ugly on the outside too." Harley says motioning to Croc.

Then Flag walks in and everything goes silent.

"We don't want you here." Harley scoffs.

"Did you get to the part in that binder  saying I was sleeping with her?" Flag whispers.

"Yeah. I never been with a witch before. What's that like? Apparently, that's why the creatures chase him all the time. Her, I don't know." Deadshot finishes after pointing at me.

"Do you wanna know why?" Deadshot nods. "Because I'm like her. Possessed by a power we don't want. We both Queens in our own right. She just goes about it differently. Take over the person she possesses."

Rick then picks up his tablet and smashes it on the table.

"Your free to go." 

He then pulls out a bunch of letters and a ring I gasp when I realise what that ring is.

"Your daughters writes to you everyday and I believe this yours."

He hands me my grandmothers ring. I stand up beside Deadshot.

"We're gonna get you there. And you're gonna end this. I'm gonna carry your ass if I have to. Cause this shit is gonna be like a chapter in the bible. Everybody's gonna know what we did. And my daughter is gonna know that her daddy is not a piece of shit.