The Waiter

FIVE

Jealous
-adjective

feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
"she was always jealous of me"

similar : envious , covetous , desirous

I woke up with a heavy arm over me. Opening my eyes to the bright sunlight that beamed through the bedroom window and the smell of fresh air filled my lungs. I turned my head to see Jesse. I gently moved his arm off of me and headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I heard a somewhat loud groan and peeked my head around the door to see a Lingard smiling at me. "Morning" He simply said, his raspy morning voice broke the silence. "Morning to you too Lingard" I replied, still brushing my teeth. I splashed cool, refreshing water in my face and dry off before I realise Jesse standing behind me. I jump, my heart bouncing from shock. "Jesus Jesse" I gasped as he chuckled to himself.

Marcus and Jesse were at training so I dropped them off and met up with some friends. "Hi what can I get for you ?" He had asked us, we were at a little restaurant for lunch and I felt like he was staring at me. Not to sound narcistic or anything, just a genuine feeling.

"I'll have one of the spicy chicken baguettes please." I placed my order and we made eye contact which I hate. Once Andrea and Nicole had ordered, they immediately turned to me. "Bro, did you see the way he was staring at you there" Nicole almost burst with excitement.

"I don't think so, he's probably just trying to be nice." I spoke realistically. "Hmm, just wait till he asks for your number later, then I can say I told you so" Nicole sighed in, for now, defeat as I rolled my eyes to her childish comment. Not too long after the waiter had came back to give us our drinks and food which we had thanked him for.

"What are your plans this weekend ?" I asked Andrea , just taking a sip of lemonade. "I think we should go shopping or clubbing or both." She replied, also taking a sip of her coke, looking at both me and Nicole for our answers. "Yeah for sure, we haven't been out in a while" Nicole answered taking a bite of her pasta.

"Yeah sure, do you guys mind if I invite Jess and Rash ? I don't have to if you don't want to, but I think it might be good in case there's some creepy men" I answered, waiting for a response. "Yes definitely, the more the merrier Bec, the more the merrier"

We had finished our food and were waiting for the bill. We ended up splitting it after a while of bickering and handed the money over to our waiter, whose name we found out was Jay. He handed me our receipt and winked at me, which made me a tad bit uncomfortable, and told me to 'look on the back once I got outside.' So I did.

'Text me ? 07*********' The receipt had read which instantly made the girls squeal and Nicole burst out saying "I told you so".

I had just gotten back to my apartment. Unlocking the door and locking it as I closed it, I walked into the kitchen to put my keys and other items down before I realise who was sitting on my couch. "How did you guys get in ?" I walk over to the two lads, sitting beside them in curiosity. "You gave us an extra key remember ? For emergencies" Marcus said, holding up the keys which shined in the light. "And... was this an emergency ?" I asked crossing my arms, my eyebrows raised. "Yeah, the emergency was we needed to see you" Jesse smiled, a glimmer of cheek in his eyes.

"Alright whatever lads. How was training ?" I said, resting my head on Jesse's shoulder. "Fun, my team won over Jesse's. 4-2" Marcus gloated, a smile crawled on his face, looking at Jess. "Mate your team cheated, how's that even fair. You had a head start on that race against Maguire, I know it for a fact" Jesse defended his team. "Someone's salty about losing" I laughed as Marcus joined in. "Shut up you two, you always find a way to wind me up. Absolute knob heads" he pouted and got up, heading to the kitchen for food whilst me and Marcus just looked at each other and laughed.

To be fair, both Jess and Rash are very bad losers and bad winners, however, I do think Jesse is way worse.

"Would you guys like to come out with me, Andrea and Nicole this Saturday ?" I asked having my hand in a bag of Walkers salt & vinegar crisps. "Yeah for sure" Jesse answered, peaking his head out from under the blanket. "Great, the only reason I invited you guys was just in case there were any creepy men" I spoke truthfully, although it also was because it would have probably been more fun with more people, but I'd never admit that to them. "Ouch. Nice to know I'm appreciated" Marcus acted hurt, placing a hand to his heart as he walked over from the fridge. Jesse slightly kicking me from under the covers.

"Who's dis then ?" Marcus questioned holding up my phone as I stared at him, confused at his sudden question. "It says the names Jay" He explained and I had realised the situation. "Oh him. Me and the girls were out and he was our waiter. He gave me his number. That's all." I shrugged, leaning over to get my phone. "Someone's in love" Jesse sand as he smirked at me. "No way, we've not even talked yet. Calm down" I responded.

jay

'Hey, this is Jay. The waiter at the restaurant'

'Would you be down to go out sometime ?'

'Yeah sure, how does Monday sound ?'

'That's great, see you then'

"Soooo ?" Marcus questioned. "I've got a date, on Monday" I smiled, looking towards Jesse. "That great Bec" He sounded quite unconvincing, I'm not sure but It sounded quite uneasy.           I stood up and walked into my room grabbing a towel and making my way to the bathroom to have a shower.

Marcus Rashford

"So what was that all about then ?" I asked as I heard Covertt's footsteps get fainter and fainter. "Hmm, what do you mean ?" He questioned, a shocked look on his face. "When she said she had a date, you seemed a bit weird, might I say jealous ?" I asked, a prominent emphasis on that last word. "Bro what are you on about, I'm happy for her. She hasn't been with anyone for like ages since Ben."

So, he wants to get defensive. Cool. "I don't know man, you seemed a tad bit jealous" I pressed. Although it's all jokes, everyone and I mean everyone sees them ending up together. Ask any of the England or United team. "Brooo chill, she's my best friend" he explained, laughing, making me dramatically put a hand to my heart as he looked at me with confusion. "I thought I was your best friend Jess" He rolled his eyes. "Of course you are Beans" He said, reassuring me. To this day, I still have no idea why he calls me Beans. Out of everything, Beans.

Becky Covertt

I walk back into the living room and see that the boys are passed out on the couch. I closed the Tv and placing a blanket on them, I walked out to go to my bed to sleep. I can tell you I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

<3